Hardware does not match date stamp?

Gregtheegg

Reaction score
Purchased these Ludwigs around 2008 used of course. I moved in 2012 and they stayed boxed up for 8 years in my garage. I have recently unpacked them, cleaned/polished them, replaced some cymbal stand hardware and they are back to life. The base drum has a date stamp of 10311988 (Halloween) of all days. They don’t really need anything but I have been looking for Tom mounting hardware and have seen nothing anywhere when I look for Ludwig classic maple parts in that time frame (please see picture of mine) mine mounts are like 1” pipes and anything I look at in the 1980’s are nothing like it. Anyone with any suggestions?

Attachments

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Reaction score
Those toms look huge - do they still make power toms like that? Special order? Also, is the badge Monroe or Chicago? At least we know if post '85 if Monroe.

K.O.

DFO Star
Reaction score
Modular hardware was introduced in the very late 1970s and remained available at least until the early 2000s.

Gregtheegg

Reaction score
Those toms look huge - do they still make power toms like that? Special order? Also, is the badge Monroe or Chicago? At least we know if post '85 if Monroe.
Badges say Monroe N.C., I was not aware of the date change, I guess I have been playing most of my life but never got into the history until recently, when I realized how old this kit cold be. thanks for the reply!