Reaction score
1st of all happy 4th of july to all USA VDF members! :),
For the 1st time ever on saturday,
I used my DW 9000 series hardware,
boom cymbal stands,
Snare stand,
Double tom stand,
&Multi cymbal stand.
After loading it into my 58" HARDCASE hardware case.
I could barely lift it into&out of my car,
Upon arrival at the studio,
I found myself ,
Having to take the stands out of the case,
So as i could actually/physically carry the case!!!!!,
The same when i was packing up&loading in my car!!!!!!.
To make matters worse the case itself kept moving sliding around.
Apart from lighter hardware,
Is there ANY other type of case recommendations,
Preferably something with a handle?.

cribbon

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Back in the 70s and 80s, I used two Ludwig accessory cases and split the hardware load between them (one held my throne, hi-hat stand, bass drum pedal, snare stand, cowbell and floor tom legs, the other held my four Atlas tom and cymbal stands). I got them in and out of my car easily and rolled them into and out of the gig with one in each hand.

Last edited:

kb

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
A dolly is a wheeled cart.

First split your load into two cases.

Then get a cart or hand truck. Lot's of guys use the Rock N' Roller carts, but there are many options.

VintageUSA

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I like this option.......
shopping[1].jpg

GretschMan61

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I like the Beato Pro 1 rolling hardware bags . They come in a number of different lengths and depths . They have skateboard wheels that are excellent . I use the shortest model as I generally use ultralight hardware packs for my hardware .

I highly recommend getting a Rock N Roller cart .

Phantomlimb777

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I have the smallest make of Rock & Roller. With a canister throne, I have a one-trip load in.

AB0E6301-1926-4008-A252-BB300F3816F0.png

David Hunter

DFO Master
Reaction score
share a link with us
what is that thing of beauty
golf club cart?
That is a Gator Hardware Cart. https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de.../1189&utm_source=google&utm_medium=organicpla

I actually have 3 of them, one of which is the predecessor, the Rockbag by Warwick. I love them: they allow you to drop everything in standing up - no more bending over, and no more collapsing your stands. The only drawback I could imagine would be if you move your gear in a sedan. It might be difficult getting it in and out, but if you have a hatch, it's extremely easy to just slide it in.

bigbeat

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
That is a Gator Hardware Cart. https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de.../1189&utm_source=google&utm_medium=organicpla

I actually have 3 of them, one of which is the predecessor, the Rockbag by Warwick. I love them: they allow you to drop everything in standing up - no more bending over, and no more collapsing your stands. The only drawback I could imagine would be if you move your gear in a sedan. It might be difficult getting it in and out, but if you have a hatch, it's extremely easy to just slide it in.
I use these too. Saves my back, and makes load in, set up, tear down, and load out much easier. The only issue I have (which I ranted about before) is that they cost $329! It's just a hand truck/dolly with a soft bag fastened on.

Fat Drummer

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
My big kits take two loads, but 80% of my work is one cart in... and it's an old cart! My motto is on that work, if it takes more than one cart, I brought to much stuff!

20171231_092515 copy copy.jpg

Polska

DFO Master
Reaction score
Rock 'n Roller cart for sure. 4 piece kit with cymbal bag and 2 "toolboxes" and only one trip. That or split the load into 2 cases. I did that before getting my cart.

TheBeachBoy

Ringo Fire
Reaction score
I use an SKB golf travel case I got from a drummer friend for $50. It has a handle on top and the side plus wheels. I usually toss it on top of my drums on the rock n roller cart and set up/tear down the hardware while it's up there. I have lighter flat base stuff though. With a rug, vocal mic stand, two fans, floor tom legs, bass mounted cymbal arms (one for each gigging kit), two cymbal stands, hi hat, and snare stand it's still fairly heavy. If I have to go through thick gravel or grass I just roll it or carry it instead of putting it on the rock n roller.

original_b18e933f-03a4-420d-93ce-9203f6ce223e_PXL_20210909_010735464.jpg