Hardware weights spreadsheet

CAMDRUMS

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

ThomasL

Reaction score
I made a list like this (with emphasis on light-weight stuff) over at cymbalholic:

Feel free to include these in your spreadsheet if you wish.

JFBL

Reaction score
What's the quietest and most stable hi-hat stand out of the lightweight bunch? One with a great pedal. I have a 60s Rogers Swivomatic I really dig but even after lots of white lithium spray it still squeaks. I used a 60s Ludwig for a while and I loved the look but wasn't crazy about the pedal. Not averse to modern - the best I've heard about so far include Canopus and the Gibraltar. I heard the hi-hat stand was the weakest member of that DW lightweight hardware pack. Waddya think?

Stretch Riedle

DFO Master
Reaction score
What's the quietest and most stable hi-hat stand out of the lightweight bunch? One with a great pedal. I have a 60s Rogers Swivomatic I really dig but even after lots of white lithium spray it still squeaks. I used a 60s Ludwig for a while and I loved the look but wasn't crazy about the pedal. Not averse to modern - the best I've heard about so far include Canopus and the Gibraltar. I heard the hi-hat stand was the weakest member of that DW lightweight hardware pack. Waddya think?

While I don't own or play one, I've been told by my customers that the lightweight TAMA hihat pedal is nice.

I used to own, and used for many years, the Rogers Swivomatic. Loved the weight and feel of it. Have you considered checking out the newly released comeback of Rogers hardware? They're making a clone of the Swivomatic. Maybe it'll be close enough to the original to try out?

(FYI I play the Trick hihat stand, which is not the lightest. However, it's smooth as heck so I don't mind it!)

Stretch

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
A few years ago I picked up a Sakae HS-20, which is a flat base HH stand.
I think of it as an updated version of the old Ludwig Standard HH stand and this one is just as flawless.
I don't think the resurrected Sakae offers it anymore, but I bet you could find it under a different brand.

1581899950717.png

…DCNH currently has ONE for $59.99.

Elvis

Last edited:

Latest posts