Has anybody seen this drum tuner?

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I own the Gig version and I’m very happy with it. There are 2 modes: Absolute and Difference Mode. When Difference Mode is selected it automatically engages the filter. I think the original may have more settings if you want to get deeper than that, but I prefer the simplicity of the Gig model. I didn’t want to get too deep into something fidgety. This device does exactly what I want it to do. I also didn’t care about storing my settings on the device. I write them down on paper - again, just because I believe it’s less fidgety to just write it down than potentially having to bounce around menus and settings.
I'm gonna check it out. Thanks

bigbeat

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Interesting!
2 questions:
1. The unit seems rather large to suspend over a small drum. Will it work on small sizes like an 8" tom?
2. You say it reads vibrations on the whole drum. Do you place it on the batter and tune both batter & reso or do you still have to flip over the drum and place it on the reso as well to tune that side?
Answers:
1. The base of the unit is just under 10" wide, and 4.75" deep, so I think it is too big to place on an 8" tom as it's intended to be used.
2. Although I have rarely done it, you can flip the drum over and repeat the "clearing" of the lugs on the reso side.

squidart

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have yet to buy a tuning gadget although I could see the need. I get frustrated with certain snares. My first concern is always feel. If the optimal tuning of a certain drum renders it like a formica table top or a wet bath mat, I’m out. No amount of gadgets will help.

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Answers:
1. The base of the unit is just under 10" wide, and 4.75" deep, so I think it is too big to place on an 8" tom as it's intended to be used.
2. Although I have rarely done it, you can flip the drum over and repeat the "clearing" of the lugs on the reso side.
Thanks for the info. I guess that would not work for me. I have an 8" tom as part of my setup. I guess I will be looking at the Tunebot.

Latest posts