Has anyone played a 20" Z Custom China Boy?

polycrescendo

Reaction score
I'm thinking about doing a trade because I no longer use my 18" Paiste Rude Novo China but I've never had experience with the old Z Custom china cymbals. Who has one of these and can tell me what it's like?

polycrescendo

Reaction score
I played the Paiste for years, it just never excited me. It seemes to have a sweet spot and if you miss it, it is an underwhelming china sound. I agree that the Z will be just as thick and clunky. I just think that maybe the old Z with the star hammer marks will be fun to experement with. Maybe I'll make a stacker of doom if it's too crazy.

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score
I was thinking... If you're going in a zildjian direction- > Take the trade pass that Paiste on to the next guy...

YOU CAN Always play the Z Custom it SOFTLY : D
Developing good touch with the B20 background-ing

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score
It's not just a Rude. It's a Rude Novo China. Not exactly reversible (?) So it has "one spot"... The Z Custom he- POLYCRESCENDO- can play it right side up - Up right side Down-----or the other way :)

The Zee's more flexible/ position

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score
I didn't mean for you to spend any more money was just thinking in my mind how different sticks could get in and around (that Cymbal/ affect it...

here's some consolation; It can't be as bad as an Avedis 20" A Flat Ride.

Latest posts