Has anyone shipped drum set to Germany from US?

Rich K.

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Potential buyer seems dead set on me getting PayPal for transaction. I’ve just read/heard of bad transactions where buyer ends up with product and money and seller is just out.
You should really get a paypal account. It will make your life easier and increase your sales. You'll also get a significant discount on shipping fees.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been using PayPal for many years. Thankfully the handful of bad deals have been judged in my favor -- which I'd like to think is because I'm not out to mess with anyone. TransferWise is also a good option, I've done a couple of deals to Australia that way with a member here.

Germandrummer

Reaction score
To answer your title question, I just shipped a snare drum to Germany for one of our members a couple of weeks ago. Yes, it's easy to get a quote online if you have the dimensions and weight. You wouldn't have to actually pack it if you weigh the drums and the packing material. I agree that the UPS store is going to be insanely expensive. It is NOT, I repeat NOT cost efficient to ship internationally with UPS or FedEx. USPS Priority International is the way to go.
It worked perfectly with USPS. Thanks again!

BennyK

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is a personal check? And does the German buyer know?

In the 80s I once saw a guy use a check. Other than that, it is a completely American phenomenon to me ;-)

I have used http://www.transferwise.com/ for international transactions and it worked great with lower fees than paypal.
From Finland and he spelled phenomenon correctly. Hyvin tehty !!!