Hats for sale - THIN 50's era old As, 14" EAK Zildjians

shelfand

Reaction score
Greetings!

Up for sale are two great pairs of hats. I recently got married, and between that and holiday bills it's time to sell some cymbals. All cymbals in perfect physical shape, just some dirt/stick marks and signs of use. I can furnish a video of any of these, just PM with an email address. Please PM or email steven.helfand@gmail.com with questions or interest!

1.) A pair of THIN 15" A zildjian hats. These are exquisite! Fat warm foot sound, and the half open sound is simply superb; these are on the verge of paper thin to my thinking. Maybe 800g each? Both cymbal feature the 50s era small stamp with no 3 dots in the "U" shape, but they are identical in lathing and hammering to a few pairs of Transitional stamped hats I've owned, so my guess is they're of the late 40s/early 50s vintage. Simply a perfect pair of older, thin Zildjians! $275+shipping.

2.) A great pair of 14" EAK Zildjian hats. These are not thin, nor are they manhole covers like some. My guess is maybe 1100g on the bottom, 900-1000g on the top. Great full, articulate foot chick. It's on the drier side, as is the half open sound; between the patina and hammering, these are on the warmer side, but still clear enough to work very well in a big band setting. Rather similar to my go-to pair of Armands, which get most of the stand time these days. $275+shipping.

Thank you!!

Attachments

shelfand

Reaction score
Hats are all spoken for... thanks to everyone for your interest!

SH