Have a bunch of gear to sell, just can't be bothered anymore.

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
Many of us in the same boat
old cases, old stands, paper, catalogs, magazines, CDs, sticks, sticks, sticks, spare parts, bagged 20 years ago, drum books,

What I would like is a room. I imagine an empty clean warehouse room where I could take everything and then seperate and pick what I need to keep.

wait that's what Hawthorne Drum Shop is for right?

The world has gone electric and I/we have paper catalogs books 'n magazines..
Solution is Youth.

Need Young seller and traders to take this accumulated overflow of 40-50 years.
Just get it outta here. And make a buck on it.
Re: Paper.
One solution might be to take a picture of everything on your digital camera and download it all onto your computer.
Then you can shred the actual paper and make DIY presto logs from it. Saves space, electricity and keeps you toasty warm in the winter, all at the same time.
What could be better! =D

Reactions: JDA

fishaa

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
We should find the middle of the continent and all meet there for a buy sell and trade extravaganza . Keep it in the family . Maybe a campground with fishin , drummin and other fun stuff .
Isn’t this what the Chicago show used to be?

Tigerdrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
We should find the middle of the continent and all meet there for a buy sell and trade extravaganza . Keep it in the family . Maybe a campground with fishin , drummin and other fun stuff .
I had this idea at the grand kids swim meet regarding the goggles everyone loses. Get a big pile of them and let the kids pick what they want. Throw them back on the pile when done. Take this pile of goggles to the next event and repeat. No more angst at home trying find them.

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score
Re: Paper.
One solution might be to take a picture of everything on your digital camera and download it all onto your computer.
Then you can shred the actual paper and make DIY presto logs from it. Saves space, electricity and keeps you toasty warm in the winter, all at the same time.
What could be better! =D
So, most of -the catalogs, the magazine articles ( say Downbeat interviews with "elvin from 1969" a " Mel interview from 1978" - are on the internet! "reproduced" already, One place it will stay and remain - even if the net goes down!--- is in my Head Elvis!!!!!! I'm (as many of us are) , walking Filing cabinet's !!!!!!!

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
...until the dementia and/or Altzheimer's kicks in.
Can't remember the day before yesterday, although I do remember we had an earthquake last night.
I've been "proven" wrong many times even though I would swear on a stack of bibles the facts I state are true and have been for many years...and then have the altered facts "proven" wrong again, several years later.
Back up your files - wise words.

Elvis

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score
.until the dementia and/or Altzheimer's kicks in.
Can't remember the day before yesterday, although I do remember we had an earthquake last night.
I've been "proven" wrong many times even though I would swear on a stack of bibles the facts I state are true and have been for many years...and then have the altered facts "proven" wrong again, several years later.
Back up your files - wise words.
haha

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I have a bunch of gear to sell; parts, cymbals, do-dads and such, maybe a snare or two, but when I think about the amount of aggravation entailed, messaging, tire kicking, lowballing, disappearing acts, shipping quotes, packing, shipping.....I just say the hell with it. I can't be bothered anymore.

Wondering if anyone can relate?
Just an idea:
Try looking into eBay consignment. I've seen some shops in certain cities. You take the stuff to them, they list it, market it, sell it & ship it. You get the proceeds minus the commission that they collect. Avoids all the hassles of selling! You make some money without all the drama. Some eBay consignors are also online but those you would have to ship the stuff to them so it's a little more legwork because of the packing & shipping.
Here are some relatively close to you that I found:

3 eBay dropoff's closest to you in Concord, Manchester & Nashua:

And this is a consignment store in Milford that does eBay sales:

Last edited:

Thumper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I lucked into two big Pearl fiberglass kits on Monday , so now I have to decide what to do with all my other stuff - a sizeable assortment of pro-level orphans and one complete mid 70's Slingerland kit and three snares and a Yamaha Stage custom kit .

It won't leave me alone this gear curse .
I feel your pain. Just bought a nice Yamaha RTC kit; now I have two. Certainly don't need two...

vintagemore2000

DFO Master
Reaction score
Luckily my local Police Dept has setup 3 parking spaces with camera in their parking lot just for craigslist deals. I meet my buyers there, When I tell them about it they are most happy,

My one deal that left me with a no thanks a guy wanted to buy a tama touch lock snare stand, for $25.00 he wanted me to drive 40 minutes one way, Sold it to a drum bud of mine 2 miles from my house easy peasy.

Olderschool

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I pared down a while ago. My days of buying, restoring and selling dried up with the internet and Ebay. Everyone became an expert so you have to really work to find deals. Anyway....I'm down to two kits and two snares. I will probably die with those...

drummer5359

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I hear you. I currently have eight kits, which is really about three kits more than I have room to store. I'm thinking of consigning at least two kits. The rest are harder to part with. I used to flip like crazy, I just don't want to deal with it anymore.

Roch

DFO Master
Reaction score
I have a 60's Ludwig kit I bought and never use..it is definitely a collectors item, but I moved and don't have the room to set it up..my wife bought me another vintage kit that I keep up for practice..I am not interested in packaging it up so if I do get around putting it up for sale it will have to be pick up only, and the price will be firm as I don't want to take a loss..being from a small town, I highly doubt I will have any interest locally..so, it sits there, getting even older..just like me..

Jazzhead

Reaction score
Seriously! I am kind of grateful that I don’t have lots of space living in an apartment. If I had a garage or basement it would be filled with drums and I would be overwhelmed with the selling idea lol
If I want a drum too much I just sell the one I have and get the one I want, I rarely keep adding stuff because I don’t have space but selling is always a hassle and usually the interest is from out of state so I gotta ship it. Trying to stay minimal with the drums that I consider keeper or “not anytime soon for sale”. Right now I have a Ludwig Pioneer snare that I think I should get rid of. I am also trying to decide on only 1 kit to keep and maybe 2-3 snares, it’s difficult to decide.

Last edited:

bfulton

Reaction score
My basement looks like boxes of gear exploded. I’ve been using eflay, but now there’s a 10% commission on the sale, including the shipping!
To allow for the 10%, sure, I can raise the price a little....until Ive priced out of the market.
I much prefer to sell here, not only because of the commission, but also a feeling of loyalty. And I set the $ lower.
Plus, it’s a buyers’ market now.
Jeez, I’m a whiner! But I sure would like to make some space.

712drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Sometimes it’s worthwhile to just make less $ and trade in or send it to an independent drum shop on consignment. (Trading is quicker though). Depends on your personal time vs money needs.

Rich K.

DFO Master
Reaction score
Just an idea:
Try looking into eBay consignment. I've seen some shops in certain cities. You take the stuff to them, they list it, market it, sell it & ship it. You get the proceeds minus the commission that they collect. Avoids all the hassles of selling! You make some money without all the drama. Some eBay consignors are also online but those you would have to ship the stuff to them so it's a little more legwork because of the packing & shipping.
Here are some relatively close to you that I found:

3 eBay dropoff's closest to you in Concord, Manchester & Nashua:

And this is a consignment store in Milford that does eBay sales:
I think fedex locations will now handle ebay sales including photos, listings and packing and shipping.