Have you sold cymbals as a lot or just singles? Updated list!

lrod1707

DFO Master
Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting rid of some cymbals. Mehmet's, UFIP's & Soultones! I was wondering if anyone would actually buy a whole lot vs. selling them piece by piece. Seems like a daunting task selling them one by one! Instead of just random cymbal types, I guess I would be able to piece together a nice big set for someone willing to buy them.
Anyone ever done this and had any luck?

Last edited:

Pounder

DFO Star
Reaction score
Usually I sell individually but if they're similar and would make a decent set, and I can give a deal on them, they might move faster and easier if you bundle them. It's probably a gut call.

lrod1707

DFO Master
Reaction score
Even if I make a bit less, I figure it would be less hassle to just sell them all in one shot. I guess I'll try and see what happens. If not, I'll try the single route. The second thing would be figuring out how much they are worth. Difficult task because they're a bunch of Mehmet's and a couple of UFIP's & Soultones.

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
Both, but I've found that individually gets more results (and revenue because there is no sticker shock that is normally associated with a set.)

snappy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Try same brand bundles but other than a flipper it is a rare person that would want soultone, mehmet and ufip.

egw

Reaction score
You'll almost certainly get more for them if you sell them separately. Buyers tend to frown upon bunches of cymbals that include something they don't want or need, and tend to offer less for the bundle than they would just the piece(s) they want. It's an interesting phenomenon that's been discussed here before.

DWSlingerland45

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I'd say both, but I believe the real trick is to find someone with your same taste in cymbals to be able to sell an entire set up to one person. I've purchased complete sets to get a couple pies I wanted or needed to complete a set up. Then I flipped the ones left over. When I buy a kit w cymbals I usually keep the cymbals for a while and really think hard before I flip them.... Or if they are beginners cymbals I pass them on to a student at my local shop through the staff there. They always know which kids could use the help.

NobleCooleyNut

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
You can sell sets of cymbals if they are all the same model , once you start mixing models it makes it so much harder.

lrod1707

DFO Master
Reaction score
I jump on all three of those brands when I have money. And Dream. Always Dream.
Yeah and I jumped on all the ones I have too when I first bought them, LOL! So their have to be other people like us that buy them.

Redbeard77

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
List them all (priced individually) in the same ad and maybe mention at the bottom that you're open to package pricing. But most of the time if someone is interested in more than one they'll ask anyway.

kevinyarger

Reaction score
I was down to one cymbal box for shipping but two Zildjian sweet rides to sell(One K, one A) Thought I would try selling them together for a pretty reasonable price but they never sold, so I finally got another shipping box, separated the two listing and sold both cymbals individually within a couple of weeks. Maybe not a "set" but at the time I was using the A for outdoor shows and the K for indoor shows and thought someone would want to do the same.

lrod1707

DFO Master
Reaction score
Alright so here's the list of what I'd like to sell. 10 cymbals! Had no time for pics so it's just a list for now. Let me know what you guy's think I'd be able to sell them for. I have no clue of what the resale values would be individually. Once I've got an idea, I'll probably list them in the "for sale" section with pictures. They are all about 6 months to 1 year old. All were bought brand new, in "like new" condition and have had very little play! I added up what I spent on all of them: $2075
I'd probably let the whole lot go for like $1350.

Istanbul Mehmet:
22" x-perience x-metal ping ride / Played 3 times!
20" Murathan heavy crash
16" Murathan heavy crash
15" x-perience x-cast hi-hats
19" x-perience x-metal power crash
17" x-perience x-metal power crash

UFIP:
21" Natural ride
18" Bionic crash / Played maybe 5 times

Soultone:
15" Gospel China
17" Gospel China

Last edited:

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Reaction score
Shipping 10 difference cymbals is a pain plus having that many boxes/material is tough. If you can find a buyer who is hopefully local and wants the lot, then win! GLWS........

Latest posts