Head suggestions for Starclassic Bubinga?

Kln_BC

Reaction score
JUST got my new (to me) Starclassic Bubinga kit and I was very sad to open it up and find out I need new heads straight away. Bass drum head has a hole, 16" tom heads missing, the rest of the batters are thrashed (thankfully the drums are in beautiful shape!).

So before I run out and grab new heads for the whole thing I thought I'd ask if anyone had recommendations? Comes stock with G2/G1...I really like that I can see the beautiful wood with the clears, but I think I would prefer the warmth of the coated...not sure. I know the new Stars ship with Ambassadors all around and they sound phenomenal, but I may need a bit more control so I'm tempted by Emperors over Ambassadors.

Thoughts? Was really hoping to get a feel for them with the G2's before I ponied up for heads...puts a damper on my new drum day....

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score
Why do you need "more control" you tune control in with your hands , your note and note choices, and your drum
head tension.
Are your drums " too loud"?

Kln_BC

Reaction score
Why do you need "more control" you tune control in with your hands , your note and note choices, and your drum
head tension.
Are your drums " too loud"?
As I mentioned, I haven't even been able to play them yet...I'm just speaking from experience that emperors tend to have a bit more of a controlled sound than ambassadors...less ring and sustain. Don't really know what to expect from these drums so I'm not sure.

Latest posts