header.nohb.html

Headphone Recommendation?

wolfereeno

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
There are lists and lists of this Q. Those Beyers seem to be good phones. What don't you like about them?

FWIW, I love the discontinued Sony 7520. Just have to replace the coiled wire. No idea why they stopped making them. They're amazing.

I also have AKG K240s (M and regular) and Sony 7506's. All are OK but don't hold a candle to the 7520's.

I am curious about these as a replacement for the 7520's if they ever die. https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...65-professional-open-back-over-ear-headphones

Ryukyu

Reaction score
Does anybody have headphones recommendations for edrums? Right now I am using Byerdynamic DT770 Pro
It depends on what you're looking for and how you want to use them, and of course personal preferences.
I've heard great things about the DT770. What are you looking for that they are lacking?
Musician friends have told me to look at Audio-Technica, although they don't specify any models.
I use Sennheiser HD280s and like them for practicing, but I also use Shure SE215 in-ears, and even Air Pods Pro at times. For gigging I'm using UE 5 Pros. Not sure I would recommend them, and I wouldn't buy them again.
It's just too broad of a question without much more context.

wolfereeno

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I like the Westone 2 or 3 driver with the Comply Tips for in-ears. But 99% of my edrum use is done at home so I prefer regular headphones.

I still can't believe the sony 7510 and 20's are discontinued.

JRC

Reaction score
As long as they are closed, comfy and not too cheap you'll be fine with most. Your Beyer 770 are closed and very comfortable. I used them as reference headphones before.
On my DTX900 I currently use the Audio Technica ATHM50, but that's because I don't use them for anything else. I tried my old AKG 240, but they are horrible since they are semi-open. Leave them for other things.

mzd

Reaction score
Yeah, I think it’s hard to give a recommendation without knowing what you’re looking for, especially since the DT-770 is a very decent headphone and often recommended. What do you find lacking in your current setup?

drummertom

Staff member
Reaction score
I have the Beyer DT-990 Pro's and love them. Great sounding and comfortable for extended periods of listening.

gitch

Reaction score
There are lists and lists of this Q. Those Beyers seem to be good phones. What don't you like about them?

FWIW, I love the discontinued Sony 7520. Just have to replace the coiled wire. No idea why they stopped making them. They're amazing.

I also have AKG K240s (M and regular) and Sony 7506's. All are OK but don't hold a candle to the 7520's.

I am curious about these as a replacement for the 7520's if they ever die. https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...65-professional-open-back-over-ear-headphones
Nothing really they are great they are just getting old. I might just buy another pair.

gitch

Reaction score
It depends on what you're looking for and how you want to use them, and of course personal preferences.
I've heard great things about the DT770. What are you looking for that they are lacking?
Musician friends have told me to look at Audio-Technica, although they don't specify any models.
I use Sennheiser HD280s and like them for practicing, but I also use Shure SE215 in-ears, and even Air Pods Pro at times. For gigging I'm using UE 5 Pros. Not sure I would recommend them, and I wouldn't buy them again.
It's just too broad of a question without much more context.
I really don't have aproblem just seeing what is out there. The only problem I have is cracking
Yeah, I think it’s hard to give a recommendation without knowing what you’re looking for, especially since the DT-770 is a very decent headphone and often recommended. What do you find lacking in your current se