Reaction score
strip and turn em Blonde!
(i dunno just wanted to say that) Some have done that with success

Strip
reattach badges (or pull-pearl around)
Oil rubbed-in Finish
wonder what Precision would charge.
Or that could be a tackle/project

are they round head flat screwdriver screws inside all the drums? if so lugs come /off and back on/ easily
Yes they have round head flat screws. I had Jammin Sam give me a price on a simple black wrap for any 18” bd recently and it was about $100. So it’s gotta be close to $500 for the wrap or maybe less as KO said above. I know someone who stripped an old set and it was very unpleasant. The drums sounded great though.

drumsforme

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just took them down and out of the cases where they have been for awhile. The wrap is in worse shape than I thought. I’m going to have to consider rewrapping these I think. Or sell them as is?
This wrap separation shown here in your pictures is the result of a very tight fitting flesh hoop on a wrapped RB shell for a long period of time. I have seen this on several occasions. There are remedies to this issue like cutting back your new wrap where it overlaps, Using "Classic Fit" heads by Remo and Aquarian and cutting notches in the flesh hoops.

multijd

DFO Veteran
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
This wrap separation shown here in your pictures is the result of a very tight fitting flesh hoop on a wrapped RB shell for a long period of time. I have seen this on several occasions. There are remedies to this issue like cutting back your new wrap where it overlaps, Using "Classic Fit" heads by Remo and Aquarian and cutting notches in the flesh hoops.
Heads do not fit tight on these drums. The drum with the worst case of shrinking /warping has the wrap cut back, and a remo ambassador fits easily. Prior to that head the drum was equipped with the original heads which also fit fine.