Heads Up - Attack combo snare head pack 14 top and bottom - $10.95

amosguy

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Only one left after my order. At that price, they are paying you to take them after shipping.

Last edited:

Old Dog

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
How are Attack heads in comparison to others???? I have bass drum heads, but the bass isn't built yet, so I have no clue.

Just curious if there was any noticeable difference, or if they feel "plasticky" like some peeps say Evans heads are, etc.

:-D

Jordan Blue

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
How are Attack heads in comparison to others???? I have bass drum heads, but the bass isn't built yet, so I have no clue.

Just curious if there was any noticeable difference, or if they feel "plasticky" like some peeps say Evans heads are, etc.

:-D
These are the 'new generation' Attack heads made under the new owner so I'm interested to see how they compare with the older ones. No glue on these heads, steel locking collar instead. To my ears, Attack heads sound a bit more open than Evans heads.

Old Dog

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
These are the 'new generation' Attack heads made under the new owner so I'm interested to see how they compare with the older ones. No glue on these heads, steel locking collar instead. To my ears, Attack heads sound a bit more open than Evans heads.
Very interesting Thanks! As I said, I've not really tried them yet. I certainly like their prices.

Rick

Reaction score
I just saw this. I have gone to all Attack heads on my Tama Starclassic Maples and Starphonic Bubinga snare. I can't say enough good things about these heads... they're fantastic!

I have Royal 1 clear heads (single ply traditional mylar material) top and bottom on my toms. Their new "Orbit" bass drum batter and Proflex 1 black resonant head on my bass drum. And a coated Royal 1 batter head on my snare with their "extra thin" (3 mil) snare side head. I previously had Remo heads on these drums... clear Ambassadors on the toms, coated Ambassador on the snare, and a clear PS3 on the bass drum. Here's how they compare in my experience...

On the snare, the coated Royal 1 sounds A LOT like the coated Ambassador. Great sound and feel! The biggest difference there is the durability of the coating. With an Ambassador, I could maybe get 5 or 6 gigs out of it before there would be significant wear on the coating. With the Attack Royal 1, I've probably played a couple dozen gigs since I've had that head on there and there is basically ZERO wear on the coating!

Another thing... and this is true for all the Attack heads I've experienced... because of the steel crimped collars, the heads tend to hold a tuning longer and they are also more durable.

On my toms, the clear Royal 1's sound better than the Ambassadors did. I get a prettier, more pure tone out of them with the exact same tuning (I use a Tunebot so I know it's exactly the same).

The Orbit bass drum head is a different animal. It took me a bit to figure out how to tune it to get the best sound, but once I figured that out I really like it! Because it's a hybrid single/dual ply head, it's deeper sounding than a PS3. So it required a bit more tension to get the pitch where I wanted it. That was actually a good thing because it also gives me a better feel (response, rebound, etc.) on the head and... at least for me... I can get cleaner doubles and find them easier to play also.

I think Attack has basically created a "better mousetrap." Love them!

Now the downside... They are hard to find! Pretty much impossible to find online... other than the Orbit at Sweetwater. I've bought them from a couple of different places that ship to me. One is Hubbard Music in Ohio. The other is The Original Long Island Drum Center in New York. Both good places to buy these heads. Or if you have a local drum shop/music store you like to do business with, you could probably ask them to order them from Cardinal Percussion (the distributor) for you.

lrod1707

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great snare pack! I bought a bunch a couple months ago from zZounds & American musical at that same price. You can't go wrong and they are really really good. I just checked and now they sell them for more. When I bought them, they were supposedly on Clearance. Maybe what they are selling now for that price are the new Attack heads.