Hello, I'm almost NEW

beto_drummer

Reaction score
Hello people at Drum Forum.
My name is Alberto, but mostly I'm called BETO.
I'm from Argentina. I studied english for some years but never use it really... so please, sorry if I make spelling, semantic or grammatical mistakes.
I started playing drums aproximately... 1994 (APROX), until aprox year 2002.. when I sold my drum kit... a very nice 7 piece Mapex Saturn. Perhaps in other countries is not like a SUPER DRUMKIT, but in Argentina... it was (and it is still) very expensive.:dontknow:
In that period of time, between 1996-1998 I guess... I played in a pop-rock band... only for the joy (actually something more than joy, but It wasn't succesful)
I restarted practicing about 3 years ago, I also take lessons with a drum teacher.
In this last period (these 3 years) I first bought an 18" bassdrum from an argentinian manufacturer called "colombo", and 2 toms... from a generic kit. Fortunately, when I sold the Mapex Saturn, I kept my cymbals and hardware :toothy7:
Then I have the chance to buy a kit, in a SALE... something like 35% off... and... it was from one of the brands I love the most... so I took the chance... and now I'm a happy Tama Superstar Hyper-Drive owner. It's a mid-range kit, but I feel it's great for me.
I'm not a super talented drummer, I only try to practice and improve everytime.
Not only I'm interested in playing, I'm also very interested in the search for the best sound and all the drum related subjects, for example, learn about drumheads, woods, gear, tuning...

OK... here finishes the torture!

I posted in some threads, but I thought it would be fine to introduce myself. Greetings!
Ah... I will post actual kit, the superstar hyperdrive, the budget kit made of diferent pieces, and the mapex I had looong ago.
If you want to contact me, instagram, twiiter and my website is in the signature. (unfortunately my website is in spanish)

Attachments

Last edited:

squidart

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome Beto! Looking forwarrd to hearing what you're up to and hearing about local music. I discovered one of my favorite bands, Los Shakers, by a friend in Argentina where they had great success (although they're originally from Uruguay).

beto_drummer

Reaction score
Welcome Beto! Looking forwarrd to hearing what you're up to and hearing about local music. I discovered one of my favorite bands, Los Shakers, by a friend in Argentina where they had great success (although they're originally from Uruguay).
Hi Squidart!! Thank you.
Sorry, I don't know that band you're talking about, "Los Shakers" but I'm a little bit... "close minded"??? I don't listen to many bands... <- and is something I need to change inmediately! :banghead: I will try to listen something from them :D
Yes, Uruguay is very... VERY near from where I live... there is a River between me and Uruguay... Really. :thumbup:

squidart

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Squidart!! Thank you.
Sorry, I don't know that band you're talking about, "Los Shakers" but I'm a little bit... "close minded"??? I don't listen to many bands... <- and is something I need to change inmediately! :banghead: I will try to listen something from them :D
Yes, Uruguay is very... VERY near from where I live... there is a River between me and Uruguay... Really. :thumbup:
Very Beatles inspired but also very unique. :)

beto_drummer

Reaction score
Very Beatles inspired but also very unique. :)
Oh, the sound great, they achieve that classic vintage sound very accurately. I'm not a "the beatles" guy, but they came inmediately to my mind. As you say... The Beatles influence is there... yes sir... I will hear a little more. Thank you!

Welcome to DFO.

Beautiful kit!
Oh thank you very much, it was a great deal 35% off :toothy10: and the "Figured Ocean Fade" finish is so fu*** awesome:happy6:. In the begining I was not very sure to buy it, because I thought those rack toms were something like... toys... LOLOLOLOLOL, but now, I love it. I'm not a tall person, so that setup makes it easier!.

No Premier kits currently. Pearl and Yamaha.

When I started hanging out on the boards I was playing Premier drums, the handle has stuck with me.
Oh... Yamaha is the other drum brand I love... I must have something with the japanese... the brands I like the most are Tama, Yamaha, Sakae and Canopus... :icon_lol:. OK OK... you will tell me BUT PEARL IS ALSO JAPANESE... Yes, and there's something about pearl that don't catch me, although I have 2 pearl snare drums :oops: and I like them.:ph34r:
I would like to see your drumsets!
By the way... nice quote: "I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake. "

retrosonic

DFO Master
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum Beto! Here, you will find many super nice guys who love drums and are always willing to help another drummer. Thats what makes this forum special.

Its a great place to hang out and talk drums. Your set is very, very nice!