Hello ... new member intro

FreakyZ

Reaction score
Illinois, across the river from St.Louis Mo.
Hello,
Zeek here and I am new to drumming.

I played piano as a kid and I have always had a guitar but struggled to get a handle on it resulting in periods of non playing. About 4 yr ago something clicked and it started to come together, Wow how kool that was.

I am limited, lol. I play to backing tracks and my own stuff. I might know 2 or 3 songs by artists, I do have 1 friend who plays guitar and none who play drums ,lol and have no experience playing with other people ... I cant explain it ,lol.

I think drums may be different.

The important thing is I am enjoying myself and having fun.

With that said I bought a Presonus Audiobox I Two to record some stuff but couldn't find drum fills I liked. So one day I was at Guitar Center I ended up in the drum room .... I had been contemplating a snare (hummm rabbit hole opening ??).

Well I left with a Yamaha Stage Custom snare, stand, brushs n sticks. ..
20191211_164046.jpg

a practice pad and a few lessons later I thought I needed a little more but not to much so I bought a Tama Cocktail Jam kit and a Sabian SBR ride.
20191230_181849.jpg

Then a few weeks later I ran across a complete Yamaha Stage Custom kit that matched my snare at a great price so ........ I have 2 identical snares.
He threw in a snare n cymbal stand then I got a DW3000 kick and a Yamaha hi hat stand then some cheap Meinl HCE hi hats crash n splash kit, (I will upgrade) I also I have a Sabian SBR ride. I liked the 12" snare from the other kit so I had to keep in out.
20200109_135617.jpg

20200109_135443.jpg

I am having fun ...... I MEAN A BLAST !!!

That is the whole point for me.

Looking forward to learning all I can here.
Thanks, Zeek

dangermoney

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum FreakyZ!

I too started out on guitar back in the 70's but quickly realized that drums were my instrument. Loads more fun for me as a teenager playing rhythms vs chords.

Enjoy your drumming journey!

pwc1141

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Hi. Welcome. For some 3 or 4 more toms and 6 more cymbals would round out your set up but it looks good to me so enjoy it.

Tigerdrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hello,
Zeek here and I am new to drumming.

I played piano as a kid and I have always had a guitar but struggled to get a handle on it resulting in periods of non playing. About 4 yr ago something clicked and it started to come together, Wow how kool that was.

I am limited, lol. I play to backing tracks and my own stuff. I might know 2 or 3 songs by artists, I do have 1 friend who plays guitar and none who play drums ,lol and have no experience playing with other people ... I cant explain it ,lol.

I think drums may be different.

The important thing is I am enjoying myself and having fun.

With that said I bought a Presonus Audiobox I Two to record some stuff but couldn't find drum fills I liked. So one day I was at Guitar Center I ended up in the drum room .... I had been contemplating a snare (hummm rabbit hole opening ??).

Well I left with a Yamaha Stage Custom snare, stand, brushs n sticks. ..
View attachment 422962

a practice pad and a few lessons later I thought I needed a little more but not to much so I bought a Tama Cocktail Jam kit and a Sabian SBR ride.
View attachment 422963

Then a few weeks later I ran across a complete Yamaha Stage Custom kit that matched my snare at a great price so ........ I have 2 identical snares.
He threw in a snare n cymbal stand then I got a DW3000 kick and a Yamaha hi hat stand then some cheap Meinl HCE hi hats crash n splash kit, (I will upgrade) I also I have a Sabian SBR ride. I liked the 12" snare from the other kit so I had to keep in out.
View attachment 422966
View attachment 422976

I am having fun ...... I MEAN A BLAST !!!

That is the whole point for me.

Looking forward to learning all I can here.
Thanks, Zeek
I started here similarly about 2 years ago. Guitar background and new to drums. I have the same kit in the same color as yours. I love them. Its a nice forum with very knowledgeable people. I have learned a lot from them. Welcome and all the best for your music.

gwbasley

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, Zeek!

You are starting out the right way by buying a quality instrument. Nice kit...it should not disappoint.