Hello

Dumpy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Just happened upon this place. I have been playing on and off for umpteen years.

I have a few kits: three DW, a few drums floating around that end up being used together, a few Slingerland pieces, and a Rogers transition-era kit with Cleveland shells and Fullerton hardware that I will restore.

I am also a Paiste Colorsound junkie. Loved them since the 80s and loved that Paiste revived them. Too many to name at the moment! I have some 602 reissue hats I use with everything, a nice Sabian SR2 crash and a vintage Zildjian Earth Ride that I fall in love with every time I play the darned thing. My surprise favorites are my Zildjian low volume cymbals. They actually sound good mic’d up.

Not in a band at the moment as I was fed up with the whole scene. Good thing, too because of live music currently being put on hold. I wouldn’t mind revisiting playing with a band again once things resume.

Enough about me. I will start to discover.

BRIAN

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
GREAT site here.......I have often wondered if Colorsounds were hard to take care of compared to a regular brilliant finish. I always have loved the look of them.

CC Cirillo

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome, Dumpy! I lurked on sites for about 6 months before diving in on this one and it’s a great place with fine people. The breadth of knowledge and willingness of people to help is wonderful.

Dumpy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
GREAT site here.......I have often wondered if Colorsounds were hard to take care of compared to a regular brilliant finish. I always have loved the look of them.
Colorsounds are not butterfly wings, but definitely have care and feeding requirements:

1) keep them in the factory-supplied sleeves, especially in your cymbal bag.

2) do not use conventional cymbal cleaner on them.

3) don’t let them slap around in your cymbal bag.

Mine were gigged for years and still look relatively new.

Dumpy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Welcome, Dumpy! I lurked on sites for about 6 months before diving in on this one and it’s a great place with fine people. The breadth of knowledge and willingness of people to help is wonderful.
Thanks for the welcome!

drawtheline55

Owner/admin
Administrator
Reaction score
I like your cymbal set up, I have the same, earth ride, 80s colorsounds and 602 reissue along with alot of 2002
and some pst7s. welcome to the forum

Ben

Dumpy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I like your cymbal set up, I have the same, earth ride, 80s colorsounds and 602 reissue along with alot of 2002
and some pst7s. welcome to the forum

Ben
I appreciate it. PST7 are kind of a revelation unto themselves. Just a little less handwork but a very consistent sound.

GiveMeYourSmallestSticks!

Reaction score
Welcome Dumpy! I think you'll find the folks here to be very knowledgable and enthusiastic. As a relatively new member myself, I've found the site to be a wonderful resource, as well as a source of entertainment and camaraderie. Looking forward to getting to know you!