Helluva Unboxing Video: Tama Star Maple

Nacci

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
That is my buddy Mike Readde out of the Boston Punk scene. Great guy. He was a Vintage Tama guy for quite a while then decided that Tama had bested the game with the Star series, sold just about everything he owed and went for every size in Star. He had nothing but great things to say about DCP and Kinney. Easily one of the craziest things I’ve seen.

repete

This one goes to eleven
Reaction score
That’s a serious investment right there! I wonder if they give a cash discount?

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
WOW! Those are breathtakingly beautiful!!

Im not even good enough to OWN a set like that! Talk about a shell bank!

Neal Pert

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I found a 2016 European price list online and calculated it all out including the exchange rate. With no stands, drums alone and estimating that the gong bass would cost a bit less than the 20” bass drum, I got about $21,700.

Neal Pert

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Just to be clear: I'm not with the "haters" at all on this. They're gorgeous drums and in the world of professional grade instruments they're not THAT expensive-- I've seen more expensive violin bows, etc. I wouldn't have needed that many drums to get to saturation in terms of what I'd use, but I know some guys love and use the big kits, so hey.

Redbeard77

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
That's like buying 4 kits at once. I'm not sure I've owned 17 drums cumulatively!

DrummerJustLikeDad

That's Me, The Silent Son
Reaction score
Drumline in the Grand Parade of Lifeless Packaging
Sure makes my pipe dream of owning a Gretsch USA Custom shell bank seem a little less off the charts.

I suddenly don’t feel so self-indulgent dreaming of three rack toms, two floor toms and snare, all with a big and small bass drum, suitable for break-down into any genre-appropriate configuration.

And I still come in at fewer than half the number of pieces of this guy! I should thank him for recalibrating me back to normal again :happy8:

Last edited: