header.nohb.html

Help Identifying Sticks

gsmithxa

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm fairly new here, and I wanted to see if anyone out there could help me out identifying these sticks.

Here's the story:
I'm at my local music store checking out different sticks, and I come across these in a plastic tub along with other "demo" sticks they keep around to let people tap on cymbals. I pulled out a pair of Promark rebound 5a as well as a Promark 7a firegrain stick, and while I liked them both, there was something about this little demo stick that I really liked. The only problem is, I have no idea what brand, model, wood typle etc it is, so I cannot figure out how to get more of them. Here's where you come in. What I'm trying to do is find out what these sticks might be so that I can purchase more, or at least come close to finding something similar that might be more easily accessible.

The sticks measure 15.5 inches, each weigh 45g and feel about the same diameter as my Promark 7a's. It looks like maybe an acorn tip. The tip measures right at 1cm. And my best guess is that it's hickory. I've held them up against some super cheap OnStage sticks that were super lightweight, and these are for sure heavier, they seem like an actual stick, rather than one of those cheap no name sticks.

Any thoughts on what these might be, and any alternatives that would be similar and easier to aquire?
1649005669094.jpeg
1649005720362.jpeg
1649005742903.jpeg
1649005765539.jpeg
1649005783539.jpeg

Tama CW

DFO Master
Reaction score
Those are pretty similar to my Vic Firth "Peter Erskine" signature barrel tip - 15.75 in Hickory Sticks. 1/2 inch wide. 7-8 mm tip. 1.6 oz (45 gm) just like yours.

If you're looking for a stick to get you a deeper and woodier tone these fit the bill. The maple ones are down around 1.2-1.3 oz which I find just too light.
I would think any number of Hickory jazz sticks with barrel or pointed tips would be very similar to the ones you found.