Help! New drummer needs assembly help

Nutmegger228

Reaction score
Hey all. Ok so I waited until my mid 50’s to pick up percussion. I’m not playing in a competitive ensemble but in a rhythm section with supporters groups at soccer matches.
Here’s my challenge. I have a Yamaha Power-Lite harness with back rail for quad mounting. I have 10”, 12”, and 13” Yamaha tenors and a 14” Pearl as well as three RM-200 spacers. I need to figure out how to get these pieces into one harnessed assembly. Sadly there’s nothing I’ve found on assembling tenor quads with older hardware. Just the brand new Randall May FFLB setup.
I’m assuming I need to position the drums the way they will be placed in the harness, drill holes to accommodate the RM-200 spacers to link the 4 together and mount the outer drums to the back rail. I just need to measure twice and cut once.

Am I on the right track here? And any resources for assembling mixed quads into one marching assembly? Appreciate any help you might be able to offer.

cworrick

The BIG Bunny on the block
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yamaha Power lite carriers are made by Randall May. Check out their web site https://www.randallmay.com/ for info and contact info for them. They should be able to answer your questions and send you some kind of assembly diagram for them.