Help picking a Gibraltar tom arm

cashmanbashman

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I like the middle arm best. It is the easiest and fastest to change the post. I have DW, Tama and Pork Pie kits which all have different size mounts so switching drums means switching mounts. They all work well and are comparably priced.

Tilter

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Chris, I don't think you could go wrong with any of those choices. I built up a custom Gibralter Road Series rack with quite a few ball-and-socket mounts for my old Hart/Roland E-kit, experimented with all kinds of positioning over the 10 years that I played it, and all the components were rock solid and never failed.

If I were buying today, I agree with cashman and would go with the BCLR-M for both its versatility and aesthetics.

Seb77

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Make sure the l-rod fits the bracket on your tom, there are different l-rods for different brands/makes.
How are you going to mount it? The left and right one have a longer main post. The middle one is what came standard with my tom to mount to a cymbal stand via multiclamp, might be a bit lighter?

K.O.

DFO Star
Reaction score
I'd pick the middle one. The dome shaped ones with the adjustment bolt on the top can fail eventually with the top of the dome breaking off from the rest. This has happened to me twice.

The other type spreads those stresses around better, plus you can replace the ball arm with a different sized one if the need ever arises.