Help With Finding a Clamp

retrosonic

DFO Master
Reaction score
Drum Brothers:

I'm hoping someone can help. What am I looking for is a double cymbal rod clamp similar to the pics I have attached.

But I need these conditions met :

1) Both clamp insides need to be Round, not "v" shaped like these are.
2) Both sides of each clamp have to be adjustable to fit around a bigger trunk.
3) See how one of the units has an adjustable angle on one clamp? That would be very nice!
3) I'd like to find this in plastic, if possible, because I need to buy several of them and plastic would be cheaper.

To explain what this is for:
I have several very old professional studio Microphones that have a non standard thread size AND connector, so they will not screw onto a modern mic stand. Also, the connector is different than todays XLR, so what I need to use these clamps for is to to clamp the stem of the mic to the mic stand post. This is what they did in the 1950s when they used this mic, as I've seen pictures of Columbia Recording Studios doing this.

it seems to me that a double cymbal rod clamp like I attached is just what I need, thats why I looking in Drum accessories.

anybody?

Attachments

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
Nope.
The only round hole one I have is a Tama. And it's "round hole" is only on one end. It's my favorite multi clamp..(and best most used)

It's this one right here:

(that's not the original screw on the round side end)
Note at the "round" end an arm or whatever, an item can be inserted either North/south or East/west

Same one correct end Screw but missing a T

Last edited:

drumstuff66

Reaction score
Guys, I think I found one that will work ok....but I dont know the brand. Does anyone know who makes this:
That one obviously doesn't have the round holes you originally wanted, but it looks like a place in Quebec is selling it. Good luck with your search!

Last edited:

retrosonic

DFO Master
Reaction score
Guys, thanks for posting. I had no luck finding the black one, but I think I can make do with one I found on Percussion plus, not too expensive. Thank you.