Help with identifying Slingerland Snare

AtomR

Reaction score
I would really appreciate some help with this Slingerland Snare I purchased recently. I bought a bunch of drums and stands in a lot for $12.00. This Slingerland Snare was in the lot. From the badge I know it it between 1956 to 1959. I can’t find anything like it online. It’s got the red sparkle outside. I don’t know anything about drums. What worries me is that the badge is loose and maybe someone put it on this snare. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

drummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Looks legit but I don't see an arm for the clamshell throw off. Also one picture shows what looks like a MIJ knob on the thowoff and another picture shows a different knob. For $12 you did good. What else came with.

AtomR

Reaction score
Looks legit but I don't see an arm for the clamshell throw off. Also one picture shows what looks like a MIJ knob on the thowoff and another picture shows a different knob. For $12 you did good. What else came with.
image.jpg
image.jpg

All of this stuff. Not having the arm is what is bugging me. There are two knobs.

ThomFloor

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The snare is a 'Super Krupa', you have the year correct. One ply maple. Yes arm fell off the clamshell strainer but snare is worth easily $250 where I live.
Better pics of the other stuff would help, but two pedals in there look worth $100 combined maybe.
Not sure of the drum kit, looks like maybe a cheap 60's made in Japan (6 lugs on bass drum)

For $12 this was highway robbery.

atomicdave

DFO Star
Reaction score
You dont know anytihing about drums...guessing you not a drummer, and stopped in here for a "price check" which is ok. Yep, its one ply Super Krupa (often called a Radio King, but its not by name). The forementioned lever (and adjustment knob) on the strainer are available as repro, but sell as is and let new owner replace as desired. In this low market, you can get a few Benjamins for it....

AtomR

Reaction score
You dont know anytihing about drums...guessing you not a drummer, and stopped in here for a "price check" which is ok. Yep, its one ply Super Krupa (often called a Radio King, but its not by name). The forementioned lever (and adjustment knob) on the strainer are available as repro, but sell as is and let new owner replace as desired. In this low market, you can get a few Benjamins for it....
Thank you!

AtomR

Reaction score
Thank you all for your help. I buy and sell stuff and I ran into this whole lot at a Goodwill Outlet that sells by the pound. All of the drum stuff was sitting in the bin and I asked the manager if her would give me a price on all of it together. It’s usually $1.50 a pound. To he drums and accessories filled the cart and weighed 175 pounds. He gave me a price of $12.00.

Latest posts