Help with Ludwig kit

jbormann

Reaction score
Can anybody help me identify this kit? Mainly possible year? Guy said it's a Ludwig Classic and doesn't know much else. Considering trading my Starclassic B/W in the same sizes. Is that foolish?
Screenshot_20211014-073431_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20211014-073442_Chrome.jpg

jbormann

Reaction score
Have a picture of the badge? It looks more like a Ludwig Club Date SE from a few years back, but I can’t tell from these pictures.
I'll ask if he can send one. Said he traded it for an old guitar and basically doesn't use it.

jbormann

Reaction score
I haven't heard back but I think your right. The Club Date SE seems to be the only kits I can find elsewhere with that same finish (Blue oyster?) and that tom mount

6topher

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
It's definitely a Clubdate SE. Underrated (imo) but not an expensive kit. I think that finish was a GC exclusive

Attachments

jbormann

Reaction score
It's definitely a Clubdate SE. Underrated (imo) but not an expensive kit. I think that finish was a GC exclusive
Yeah, after it being a Clubdate was mentioned I've found a good bit on them. Some places online claim the blue oyster finish was exclusive to the UK, a particular drum shop there that escapes my memory now. I am quite intrigued by rounder bearing edges, have been for a bit. Not sure if it's worth trading my Star Class. for though.

Piggpenn

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yeah I don't think I will. It was up for debate when I thought it was a Classic Maple set, but not so much now.
I agree with Rich K. Don't trade. However, I would be trying to find a way to have both.

felis

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
A trade of the Club Dates plus cash for your Tamas might be something to consider.