Help with "Rogers" Paper Tags/stickers...

DrumR69

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have a 3 pc. Eagle Badge Rogers kit and was wondering if anyone has seen these stickers before?
The closet I have found is the one in the Rob Cook book. The three inside my kit has a big stamp "T" on them. Was just wondering if anyone had info on what the "T" stood for, haven't seen another like it.
I have to admit the Purple Diamond Pearl kit got the juices flowing recently and the Rogers' guru have been out. Also was wondering if the snare outer ply in this era was Mahogany because the one I have is? Hopefully will get some answers to curb my curiosity and learn something new as I usually do when I check in here.
IMG_1198.JPG

From Rob Cook book:
image (20).jpg
My snare sticker
SN T3518, 12 tom T3525, Bass T3635
IMG_3679.jpg 2.jpg 4.jpg 3.jpg rogers finished.jpg some pics of the kit.
Wayne

DanC

"Get in, sit down, shut up, hold on"
Reaction score
Somewhere in Florida, behind a Rogers kit
In the early days they went thru a number of different formats for those labels. I think the letter was a way of differentiating one number sequence from another. I've never found them to indicate anything other than that, but Gary (gramps) might know better.

GrandpaCleve

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Dan thanks for thinking I might know. AS for the T I don't know. I have seen many eagle early birds and sometimes they make sense like T on a tom label or P on a parade (saratoga) drum etc. But no I've seen enough to draw a blank on the capital letters defining the drum. Maybe for record keeping there had to be complete for a short time to keep order. Who Knows?

Last edited:

DrumR69

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response.
Are these letters only on Eagle badge drums?
Wayne

GrandpaCleve

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Yes. Paper tags are on Grossman era drums.

Aside for 4 protype metal(chrome finish) 1954 snare drums. They have the rectangular draped Union Brand on them. They have the sideways O pictured above on the Scotti tag above.

Last edited:

DrumR69

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Very interesting, cool info.
Thanks GrandpaCleve
Were the shells Mahogany outside ply on some?
Wayne

Latest posts