Help with Sabian Ride ID

OldeEnglishD

Reaction score
Hi Guys and Gals,

When I bought my last kit it came with some cymbals (Zildjian and Sabian). I have kept the hats and crashes on the kit as I liked their sound, but I have taken the 22" ride off of the kit as I prefer the 20" Zildjian Medium I have. The Sabian ride only has the Sabian logo, no model (AA, AAX, etc.). I am no expert, but the lathing strikes me as the same as the AA line. Could anyone here help me identify what model this is? I was thinking of putting some rivets in it to make a sizzle ride for the left side of my son's kit. Thanks!! P.S. if it is any help, the kit was from 1993 and the cymbals may be from the same era.
Sabian Ride top.jpg
Sabian Top 2.jpg
Sabian Ride bottom.jpg

dtk

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
weight might help those smarter than myself...

deegeebee

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like standard fare ealy AA, before they were labeled as such. Might have been a weight designation printed at 12 oclock in hollow block letters, or underneath if older e.g. Medium or Heavy - maybe there is a ghost of it still there if the light is right?
Pretty sure the logo change subtly a few times throughout the 80s to so others may be able to get more specific.

OldeEnglishD

Reaction score
Looks like standard fare ealy AA, before they were labeled as such. Might have been a weight designation printed at 12 oclock in hollow block letters, or underneath if older e.g. Medium or Heavy - maybe there is a ghost of it still there if the light is right?
Pretty sure the logo change subtly a few times throughout the 80s to so others may be able to get more specific.
Thanks! I have looked closely in both spots and see no trace of an old logo for weight. I had also thought it looked like a standard AA. I appreciate the help!