Help with search needed

mlvbs

DFO Master
Reaction score
I'm trying to learn this new search system...

I'd like to figure out how to search for two words at once. For example, if I want to search for results that have both "Slingerland" and "snare", how would I go about doing that? All I have been able to do is produce results that contain either "Slingerland" OR "snare", but not necessarily both, so it does little good.

Thanks!
Bill

Eck

I don't do drums
Reaction score
I'll figure it out...it is supposed to have operators but they aren't working according to the documentation. I'll do some research and get back to you. That's one of the main reasons I wanted to go to this search back end because it is supposed to act more like a real search engine.

Coelacanth

DFO Master
Reaction score
I'm noticing some real odd search results too. I used to be able to find something, even just a week or two ago, using multiple-word searches by doing an advanced search, then if I wanted to search for something I posted previously--using 2 keywords like "zildjian + sonido"--it wasn't yielding any hits.

Example: I did an advanced search just now for "lightly +acro". I know I have a topic titled "$45 lightly played Acro coming". However, the aforementioned search words yield no results, even when the topic is right here:

$45 lightly played Acro coming

EDIT: I just tried searching for "lightly acro", with no "+", and it yielded 2 topics, neither of which was the correct one. :blink:

Eck

I don't do drums
Reaction score
Reverted back to the old search engine until all this crap is fixed in IPB 3.1.0.