Help with signstures on old Sabian HH hi-hat

mofle

Reaction score
Hi!

I recently purchase these hats, and they have some signstures on them. The two large ones looks to be Bob Zildjian and Virgil Donati. The small one looks to be K. Zildjian, could it really be?

Attachments

Last edited:

Tdipaul

Reaction score
Those cymbals are from the 1980's- 1990's
Kerope Zildjian lived from 1829-1909

mofle

Reaction score
Those cymbals are from the 1980's- 1990's
Kerope Zildjian lived from 1829-1909
Thanks for the reply! I was also not aware of a K. Zildjian still around in the 80s, but this article about the Sabian history made me think it would be possible.. Obviously not Kerope II, but Kerope III (?)

And, the hats are probably from the early stage Sabian, so I'm thinking 80s not 90s judging by the hammering and ink

Attachments

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
K. Zilcuy hmmm..

seems possible at the factory; Or done at a Show exhibit/, etc sometime early/later/etc

need better picture- wider shots- @mofle of what you have there in cymbals are there 2 wheres (i don't see) the V Donati etc)

autographs

Last edited:

mofle

Reaction score
K. Zilcuy hmmm..

seems possible at the factory; done at a Show exhibit, etc sometime early/later/etc

need better picture- wider shots- @mofle of what you have there in cymbals are there 2 wheres (i don't see) the V Donati etc
Thanks for Those links, it's all making more sense now :)

Here are some close ups of the other signstures.

Attachments

squidart

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see Bob and "K"'s signature on the top hat as well, only faded. Can you get a better shot of that?

The "K" sig could possibly be Zilcan with the last descender trailing down. Who knows what relatives were hanging around?

Reactions: JDA

squidart

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whatever the sigs are we demand....er.... request a sound file because I betcha these are sweet hats. How do you like em?