Here comes the "must sell" sales

wayne

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Not sure about where you are, but the virus and the shutdowns are starting to surface with private local drum sales. MUST SELL!!
This is a terrible thing to be happening and I can only imagine someones dream kit must go to pay the rent...I feel terrible about this!

Tornado

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Not sure about where you are, but the virus and the shutdowns are starting to surface with private local drum sales. MUST SELL!!
This is a terrible thing to be happening and I can only imagine someones dream kit must go to pay the rent...I feel terrible about this!
Sure doesn't seem to be the case where I am. I occasionally check Craigslist to see what's out there, and it's the same over priced junk over and over again. This is a musical desert though.

NobleCooleyNut

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Wayne
I am surprised many have been able to hold on as long as they have . I thought the sell offs would have happened months ago .

cashmanbashman

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have been picking up gear for a discount pretty steady since the Pandemic. I am sure I could have got them down a bunch but I’m working and can see that help is needed in some instances. I gave a guy a extra $60 above his asking price for gas I told him. Someday he will do the same I hope.

Topsy Turvy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have been watching Reverb too, and I haven’t seen much. I mean there has been an increase in $2500 vintage Ludwigs and Rogers but that’s about it. None of those kits are selling by the way.

shuffle

DFO Star
Reaction score
I have been watching Reverb too, and I haven’t seen much. I mean there has been an increase in $2500 vintage Ludwigs and Rogers but that’s about it. None of those kits are selling by the way.
Overpriced to this bottom feeder! Lol

pwc1141

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Not seen much desperation selling here and maybe because it has been months since anyone has responded to the few things that have been offered. There seems to be no buying going on at any price and folks seem to know that. I have been trying to sell a snare drum since way before the current situation and no offers.....

steambent

DFO Master
Reaction score
Friday I was at one of the local MGR. Dead! Guitars and drums in stock about half of normal stock.

Ludwigboy

Reaction score
I'm not on Facebook Marketplace but wonder if much MUST SELL drum stuff is coming up there for sale that is over and above the normal stuff coming up there?

thejohnlec

Reaction score
Not much at all on Boston area CL. Just that same guy from Shrewsbury. God I wish he would go away. And the crazy guy from Medford and the other crazy guy from Milton.
I think I know of the guy from Shrewsbury you’re talking about. I used to work at Kurlans in Worcester and he was there all the time, constantly trying to work his deals.

shuffle

DFO Star
Reaction score
Yeah, $2500 for vintage Ludwig drum sets with several problems, wrap lifting in some cases, etc...are overpriced. Evidently, I needed to clarify that for you.

People posting crap about me without knowing the situation. Lol
Too bad it wasnt about you,it was in reference to me,a bottom feeder.
Geez,people!

Latest posts