Here's a unique drum solo

ERWinner

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
the overexposure on his face and the black clothing and the nominal weight gain sure do give him the appearance of Fester!! Good to see he's still rocking the concert toms, though. :)

ambadextro

Reaction score
Boring...

I never did like the sound of bottom headless drums/concert toms...don't know what it is...maybe I'm a snob?! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Sonorholic

DFO Master
Reaction score
I saw them do this solo in Boston last year. I loved it. They always worked the stuff up in hotel rooms so why not honor that ? The way the solo moved to the drums and then led into Los Endos was the high point of the show for me.

Gotta love that "Barking Seal" sound!

Rufus T Firefly

Reaction score
ERWinner said:
the overexposure on his face and the black clothing and the nominal weight gain sure do give him the appearance of Fester!! Good to see he's still rocking the concert toms, though. :)

Fester & Chester .... gotta love it.

99.9% of all drum solos longer than 16 bars are BORING. And, then, there's Buddy Rich.

Sonorholic

DFO Master
Reaction score
kerope said:
Sonorholic wrote:

Why am I not surprised to hear you say that????? :wink:

Cause that's what I sound like most of the time ?? Orp Orp!

I think Phil has a very distinctive sound on the kit.. and the concert toms are a huge part of that.

kerope

DFO Master
Reaction score
Sonorholic wrote:

Why am I not surprised to hear you say that?????

Cause that's what I sound like most of the time ?? Orp Orp!

Don't do yourself down, Jerome. That only happens when you get REALLY excited. Doesn't it?? :wink:

Luddite

Mostly intentional comic relief
Reaction score
Actually, Peter Gabriel is looking quite a bit like Fester these days, too. Now, if Ray Wilson, the guy that replaced Collins as vocalist starts to look like Fester, then you know something seriously weird is going on! :shock:

mikestand

DFO Master
Reaction score
Luddite said:
Actually, Peter Gabriel is looking quite a bit like Fester these days, too. Now, if Ray Wilson, the guy that replaced Collins as vocalist starts to look like Fester, then you know something seriously weird is going on! :shock:

We'll all look like Fester someday...

Latest posts