Here's my new pandemic guitar

Treviso1

DFO Master
Reaction score
I have pined for this guitar for the past couple years and I finally pulled the trigger on one last night. It's a Fender American Professional Telecaster Deluxe with the Shawbucker pickups. I have played a few of these over the years and knew that I wanted one, but I put it off for a few years. It is based on the 1973 Tele Deluxe and a completely killer guitar. I will have it next week!
e0cikliwbc3iftr9w3ei.jpg
kom4xfekmg1eccnmj8xa.jpg
pzo3tocm5ws6nffnr91v.jpg
pon5dqnskwuuvhqlbuo6.jpg
fuiuhvbk0qmgwbpc5lza.jpg

Bandit

DFO Master
Reaction score
I have pined for this guitar for the past couple years and I finally pulled the trigger on one last night. It's a Fender American Professional Telecaster Deluxe with the Shawbucker pickups. I have played a few of these over the years and knew that I wanted one, but I put it off for a few years. It is based on the 1973 Tele Deluxe and a completely killer guitar. I will have it next week! View attachment 440445 View attachment 440446 View attachment 440448 View attachment 440449 View attachment 440450
Very nice. I have the drumset to go with it. :)

Johnny K

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Nice. I sold an G&L Asat last year and I miss it. I'm pining for a Fender Parallel Universe Tele. The one that looks like a Gretsch.

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

Reaction score
Nice. I sold an G&L Asat last year and I miss it. I'm pining for a Fender Parallel Universe Tele. The one that looks like a Gretsch.
I tried a parallel universe Tele, it was cool but a bit overpriced for what it is. Ended up buying an entry level Gretsh electromatic wich was already quite decent sounding. I removed the stock electronics and fitted it with TV Jones pickups and NOS pots and wiring. This setup sings like nobody's business, at less than half the price of the Tele, all in.

Johnny K

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I tried a parallel universe Tele, it was cool but a bit overpriced for what it is. Ended up buying an entry level Gretsh electromatic wich was already quite decent sounding. I removed the stock electronics and fitted it with TV Jones pickups and NOS pots and wiring. This setup sings like nobody's business, at less than half the price of the Tele, all in.
Nice. The guitar I kept is a Gretsch G5422TG. Walnut stain with all gold hardware and the 'tombstone' inlays on the fretboard. I would like to do the TV Jones upgrade someday. But the stock pickups do quite well. I ditched the round wound strings in favor of some Thomastik flat wound "Jazz" strings. and the tuners are locking Hipshot model that I replaced the gold metal buttons on with Ivory look Tuplips (like a Les Paul) Those locking tuners really help with keeping it in tune with the Bigsby. I have a Fender Hot Rod DeVille 410 that I play it thru and its sounds awesome. Like a Gretsch should.

Gretsch 5422.jpg

c.wulf

Reaction score
I guess I can join in... I just picked up a used AVRI Jazzmaster and a used Tone King Metropolitan. Getting the Jazzmaster setup, so haven’t been able to play it or the amp yet
99BC1110-B861-48AF-B46F-6D99075CF1FB.jpeg
E13F8811-CA4E-4D8E-8157-9A8E1A60EF36.jpeg
❤

drummingbulldog

Reaction score
I played with a guy who played a Tele Deluxe with humbuckers. That was surely the hottest output guitar I've ever heard. Super crunchy pickups. Great tone!