Hey DFO, it’s the official Summit Drums SNARE DRUM TOUR!

Matched Gripper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I’m glad you brought this up, and I’m happy to use hardware from any maker and will build something within the budget of the customer.
I’m currently not set up to make hardware in my small shop. I am however working on a thick steamed tom/snare hoop which hopefully will be available by the end of this year.
A big thank you to Lossforgain for promoting my work!!
Looking at your Facebook page, your drums are truly beautiful!

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Update:
The tour schedule should be finalized sometime this coming week. There still is a possibility to include another couple of people if you’re on the fence. You don’t have to be interim purchasing a drum right now to take part, as long as you can give a review (and hopefully a recording or video but not mandatory). Send me a message, thanks!

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Update:
The tour schedule should be finalized sometime this coming week. There still is a possibility to include another couple of people if you’re on the fence. You don’t have to be interim purchasing a drum right now to take part, as long as you can give a review (and hopefully a recording or video but not mandatory). Send me a message, thanks!
Is there any chance of a Canadian leg to this tour?

I mean, every major touring act
knows that the Montreal nightlife is where it's at... (At least it used to be)

Maybe not worth running into customs/duties issues causing delays.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Is there any chance of a Canadian leg to this tour?

I mean, every major touring act
knows that the Montreal nightlife is where it's at... (At least it used to be)

Maybe not worth running into customs/duties issues causing delays.
I would be less concerned about the customs and delays, more concerned about shipping cost. It’s over double the domestic price to ship to Canada. Maybe one of our Canadian members would set up a tour if there is enough interest.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Alright DFO,
The tour begins!

This Monday, I will be shipping this beautiful walnut snare drum off to its first player. I can’t wait to see and hear what he (and the rest) comes up with! Look for review posts and audio/video in the coming weeks.

Thanks to everyone who expressed interest. I could still use one more Midwest stop on the tour if anyone else wants to join in. Send me a message!

Gordogarbo

Reaction score
I’m glad you brought this up, and I’m happy to use hardware from any maker and will build something within the budget of the customer.
I’m currently not set up to make hardware in my small shop. I am however working on a thick steamed tom/snare hoop which hopefully will be available by the end of this year.
A big thank you to Lossforgain for promoting my work!!
I personally don’t love the look of the hardware on the tour drum, (not that that really matters, lol) but it sounds great! I don’t have Facebook but I looked at some of your posts on there, and dang there’s some beautiful instruments on there. :love10: I absolutely don’t need any more shares right now, but maybe I can convince myself to sell one of mine so I can buy one of yours eventually, haha. Love the style, hardware, and choices of most of the drums posted on your Facebook! Keep up the great work!

tradrad

Pro
Reaction score
hey ya'll...for you folks following this tour train, there is an initial impressions review/sound clips below (in the general topics section)...
i'm pretty floored at the consistency of tone and usefulness across ALL tunings...and i never even changed heads!
link to the post:

tradrad

Pro
Reaction score
I personally don’t love the look of the hardware on the tour drum, (not that that really matters, lol) but it sounds great! I don’t have Facebook but I looked at some of your posts on there, and dang there’s some beautiful instruments on there. :love10: I absolutely don’t need any more shares right now, but maybe I can convince myself to sell one of mine so I can buy one of yours eventually, haha. Love the style, hardware, and choices of most of the drums posted on your Facebook! Keep up the great work!
i kinda agree with you re: the pearl lugs (possibly for different reasons :) ) but THAT aesthetic aside...i will say that the aesthetic and detailed care of the drum itself (shell, beds, edges) is on par with ANYTHING i've owned/played (including the 'majors' that will remain tastefully nameless)

tradrad

Pro
Reaction score
for those that might care...i brought the summit to a great session this weekend and, astoundingly, it made it onto 3 of the 8 songs with drums! the snippets are in my impressions thread.
i say 'astoundingly' not for it's lacking in vibe but bc of my normal leanings (BIG old drums and oddball stuff!). i thought it might be too 'common/modern' for this artists' sensibilities but lo and behold...
give a listen...the tracks show this drum in a whole different light and are far more 'listenable' than my other examples :)

Gunnellett

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Is there a website for Summit Drums?

I can't really find any more information about the drums other than is what on this site and Facebook videos but I don't Facebook so I can't see the videos.

I really don't want to bother the owner as I'm just browsing and learning right now.

Summit

Reaction score
Is there a website for Summit Drums?

I can't really find any more information about the drums other than is what on this site and Facebook videos but I don't Facebook so I can't see the videos.

I really don't want to bother the owner as I'm just browsing and learning right now.
Hi, I do have a website but it’s not really functioning. I gave that assignment(sounds more official haha) to my nephew and…
Feel free to contact me at anytime through Facebook, Instagram or my contact 330-631-1907 if you ever want to discuss some of what I do. It’s never a bother to me.
Gary

Gunnellett

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Than
Hi, I do have a website but it’s not really functioning. I gave that assignment(sounds more official haha) to my nephew and…
Feel free to contact me at anytime through Facebook, Instagram or my contact 330-631-1907 if you ever want to discuss some of what I do. It’s never a bother to me.
Gary
Thanks Gary!

I will take you up on your offer.

florian1

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Hello DFO members!

I have become a huge fan of the work that Gary Posey (@Summit) is doing with steam bent single ply shells. So far, I own a curly maple snare and a whole 12/14/20/snare set in African mahogany. I continue to be astounded by the tone and volume out of these shells, and I want more people to be able to hear what they are like. If you are curious, if you’ve never played a solid shell before, or if you want to know how these drums stack up to other names, this might be your chance.

Gary and I have been working together on a couple of projects designed to get his drums out to be heard by more players. I’m pleased to announce the first one today — the official Summit Drums snare drum tour.

Below, you will see photos of a Summit Drums 8-lug 5x14 solid shell snare drum in black walnut. This drum has been outfitted with Pearl hardware including lugs, hoops, and throw. I will be installing a set of new Aquarian heads and German steel snare wires, and then the fun begins.

Any current member of Drumforum has the opportunity to experience this drum as part of the snare drum tour by sending me a message. The drum will be shipped to a limited number of players for a 2 week trial. In order to be chosen to participate in the tour, you must agree to the following:
  • Take care of the drum and keep it in excellent condition (please replace a head if you break one)
  • Write a review of your experience with the drum and post it here on DFO (and Facebook or Instagram if you wish)
  • If possible, record yourself playing the drum, either at home or with your band and post the video to YouTube or Instagram including the title “Summit Drums Snare Drum Tour 2021”
  • Ship the drum to the next player on the tour at your expense

Don’t worry, the only cost to you is the shipping expense to get the drum to its next stop. That’s it!

To be considered for this opportunity, just send me a PM that includes your agreement to the terms of the tour, and what you plan to do with the drum during your test period (recordings, gigs, heads you might try, etc.). I will be reviewing the submissions over the next two weeks and plan to ship the drum to the first tester during the first week of August.

Happy drumming!

View attachment 509216
View attachment 509217
View attachment 509221
View attachment 509218
View attachment 509219
where in OH are these made? I love supporting local guys.

F

florian1

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Im up in CLE - we play at Lock 3/Kent/Mansfield and down that way on occasion. How does one go about spec-ing out a drum?

F