header.nohb.html

Hey Evans Drumheads!!! Your New Logo Is Ugly and Dumb

varatrodder

DFO Veteran
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not to mention losing the oval and adding DRUMHEADS and removing USA. Other than that, nearly the same.
Your initial post was about the "fat, schmushed-together lettering" aspect of the logo so that's what I looked at. The point of my post is that the "fat, schmushed-together lettering" really isn't much different than it was a decade ago since that's what you called out @bpaluzzi for.

gmiller598

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yes nothing significant or noteworthy happened in the USA earlier this morning.
Nope. Nothing at all.

1656099292737.jpeg

Santino

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Though it no longer exists, here’s a photo from flyover country for you ‘coasters. I remember seeing this painted on a building in Dodge City Kansas, the original home of Evans. A bit has changed since then.
I still have that logo on blue hydraulics, which rest on my 70's Ludwig Stainless Steel kit.

DB-66

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you like better about Evans?
Specifically with the UV1s, I find them easier to tune, more durable, and - to my ears - just sound better than Ambassadors. The coating seems to act like a minimal dampener - maybe like a thicker Ambassador without the weight of an Emperor. I generally have UV1s on all of my snares and I really like how they sound under brushes. I also like the Calftone better than Fiberskyn, though I find both not to be very durable. The Stratas are really nice, too - kind of like the Renaissance. I currently have them on my Craviottos. They’re really dynamic and warm.

Last edited:

Steech

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
SEE !?!?!?

I told you so!
Damned Evans boxes behaving just like Evans Boxes! Not gettin’ off yer damn lawn!!!
OK THAT does it! I’m banning ALL Evans drumhead products, new logo or not.