HH200 hi-hat stand

Nate

Reaction score
Hello. I am new to acoustic drum kits and I recently bought my first one but I face the 3 following issues with the HH200 hi-hat stand:

1.) I found a nut threaded onto my hi-hat rod within the upper hi-hat tube. What is the purpose of this nut? Thanks.
IMG_20210915_130252.jpg
IMG_20210915_121351.jpg

2.) A hi-hat seat consists of a plastic hi-hat seat, metal washer and felt washer. However, I found mine unusual because it just consists of an oddly shaped hi-hat seat with an unusual felt design. Is it normal for my bottom hi-hat to sit on the seat below and am I missing any parts for my hi-hat seat? Thanks.
IMG_20210915_121247.jpg
IMG_20210915_122204.jpg
IMG_20210915_133949.jpg

3.) Finally, I am unable to tighten the nut on the bottom of my top hi-hat. As can be seen below, the nut is not fully threaded and my top hi-hat is always loose. Is the nut meant to be fully threaded and should I contact my supplier to request a replacement? Thanks.

IMG_20210915_122051.jpg
IMG_20210915_134613.jpg
IMG_20210915_122322.jpg

Any response would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

Rich K.

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. After you thread the pull rod all the way in, you can use that little nut to lock it in.
Most hi hat stands don't have that...you.can remove it if you want. Also, if you travel with your hi hat, you can put the pull rod into the height tube with the nut on the outside of the bottom hi hat cup and if there's some pull rod left at the other side you can attach your clutch there. (This will protect the pull rod during shipment.)
2. The bottom cup / seat you have is normal. The first company I saw with that style was Mapex but I think other brands use them as well. No need for a metal washer or separate felt.
3. Looks like you have the clutch components assembled correctly. Make sure the bottom one is tightened all the way.
Then screw down just the one above the top felt until it's the tightness you want. Then screw down top nut to lock that one in place.
Just to try to be clear, the clutch should have 3 nuts.
Starting fresh, put on the first nut and screw it all the way up.
Then screw on the second nut until it touches the first
Then put on one felt, then the cymbal, then the other felt.
Then screw on the bottom nut until it stops.
Then, screw down the middle nut until it tightens the cymbal. Then screw down the top nut to lock the middle one in place.

Last edited:

Nate

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply Mr Rich. I've tightened the top hi-hat using the lock nuts despite the other nut on the bottom not being fully threaded. For point 1, do you mean that this spare nut can be used on the angle screw of the hi-hat seat, like in the image below:
1631712807793.png

I presume the spare nut would just provide more stability to the base of the hi-hat seat.

Rich K.

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply Mr Rich. I've tightened the top hi-hat using the lock nuts despite the other nut on the bottom not being fully threaded. For point 1, do you mean that this spare nut can be used on the angle screw of the hi-hat seat, like in the image below:
View attachment 517801
I presume the spare nut would just provide more stability to the base of the hi-hat seat.
No, the nut stays on the pull rod