hi hat rod for Jacques Capelle stand

Mackermanesq

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a hi hat rod for a Jacques Capelle hi hat stand-- it's a different size thread, smaller than normal but just barely.

Deafmoon

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yeah none of the M7 newer threads will fit the Capelle, what about an older Gretsch or Rogers they were M6 I think?

kdgrissom

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Definitely metric. You may have to source a metric steel dowel and have a machine shop thread it for you. Pro Mark used to distribute these hi hats under their name. You might just get lucky if you can contact an old-timer there that might know if there are any spares still lying around. If so, please let me know!! I love the Capelle Hi hat!

squidart

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there a coupling nut on the lower rod section? You could possibly (depending on thread) try replacing that with an adapter to work with another brand top rod.

Geardaddy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Knowing what the thread size is on your stand would make it easier to find an aftermarket rod that would work. I have at least a dozen stray top rods in my spare parts and the metric ones only have a couple of different thread sizes. I'd bet that one of them would work for you. I'm assuming that you just need a threaded male chrome rod?

Deafmoon

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a hi hat rod for a Jacques Capelle hi hat stand-- it's a different size thread, smaller than normal but just barely.
There's a listing on reverb right now of a Drum Brother selling 8 hi hat rods. Contact the man and ask him if they are all the same thread size. They don't look like they are so you my have one in there that is comparable. I had the Capelle in the late 70's/ early 80's nd it was distributed by Pro Mark as their sticker was on the pedal. I remember the rod being kinda short, at least in comparison to my Pearl Hi Hat stand I use now. Most of the hi hat rods are threaded M6, M7 or M8. The larger the thread, the thicker the rod. I have cut down and rethreaded many a hit hat rod in my time, but I didn't ever do this with the Capelle so I don't recall the size. Take the second tube off the stand and there should be a nut there to screw the rod into, get yourself a few metric bolts to determine the thread. - M5, M6, M7 any length is fine so long as you can determine the screw thread size. The Pitch should probably be .70 as fine thread. Coarse threads are much higher 1.25 (try these secondarily). If you find the rod and don't have the tools to cut it down, pm me, I can do it for you for free. Just pay the shipping back and forth. Peace.

Last edited: