Hi hat stand suggestions

supraphonic

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Looking at a new hi hat stand. I’ve got a DW9000 which has a nice action but it’s just way too heavy to haul around.

Looking at the Yamaha 740 but would love to know what people are using.

RogersLudwig

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 1960s Rogers Supreme, but this new Rogers looks really light weight. I have and use their new cymbal stands, snare stand, and throne. All are light weight, simple, and well engineered and built.

1988fxlr

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I have a dw 6500 flat base which you might be considering for lighter weight. Its not a bad stand but it is a bit sluggish with heavier 15” hats. No problem with heavier 13” and 14” or lighter 15” so if that suits your needs its a light,compact, well built stand

little rock

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Using a Pearl bought in '82. Not the lightest or the smallest, just the best. Never had a problem and still works like new. Fully adjustable. Footboards have to match.

Attachments

• IMG_2681.JPG
    IMG_2681.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 42

varatrodder

Very well Known Member
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the new Rogers hi hat and I really like it. It's very light, very smooth and adjustable enough. The only down side is the legs tend to bind up a little when you're folding them up.

varatrodder

Very well Known Member
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I was going for a heavy duty stand (but lighter than the DW) I would go with a Tama Leverglide. The feel of those is amazing.

BennyK

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Using a Pearl bought in '82. Not the lightest or the smallest, just the best. Never had a problem and still works like new. Fully adjustable. Footboards have to match.
I have two of these Pearl stands . I'll never need anything else .

Last edited:

afwdrums

Reaction score
if you want as light as possible, try the Canopus lightweight stand, I've been using it for a few years now and I think it's great...it's pretty no frills and is not nearly as adjustable as other (much heavier) stands, but it's very light

TheBeachBoy

Ringo Fire
Reaction score
I have the Yamaha HS740 and I love it. Lightweight, shorter rod, fairly inexpensive but sturdy. I got mine for $35 new at the time, so it really punches above its weight. I've had it since 2014 and it's still like new.

Xiphos

Reaction score
I have a few hi-hat stands that match my pedals:

- Pearl H2000 Eliminator (2-legged, interchangeable cams)
- Yamaha HS1000 (2-legged, direct drive)
- Pearl H150S (single-braced, flat-base)

The Pearl Eliminator is unshakable, very responsive, and allows all kinds of adjustments for personal touch, but I imagine not being much lighter than the DW 9000 stand. The Yamaha is surprisingly light but unstable, and much more responsive (direct drive). The flat-based Pearl is pretty light (not extremely), sufficiently responsive , and has a swiveling base, but can wobble if the ground is uneven or soft and mushy.

You can maybe consider the newer incarnation of Yamaha stands, or maybe a Gibraltar or Mapex Falcon stand, if you don't like the Speed Cobra mentioned earlier, but still want a lighter (but not too light) stand:

Last edited: