High Fidelity ear plugs

TomPotti

Reaction score
For practicing/rehearsing, I have been using generic ear plugs to lower dB as much as possible.

But for gigs, I want something higher quality so I can hear better what's going on. Do you guys have any recommendations on high fidelity ear plugs that don't require an audiologist appointment or ear mold? Price is of no concern.

Thanks.

MusicianMagic

Reaction score
WESTONE Tru Universal WM25
These come with 25db reduction filters. They also come with 10db, 16db & a couple of other sizes. The filters can be swapped. I use the 25db for very loud situations but swap with 10db filter when I only need a little. I use the same filters in some of my Westone IEM's when there is no room/atmosphere mics. I like to hear the audience.
Westone manufacturers the filters themselves & even sell to other companies rebranded.
Other than a reduction in volume I can't notice any difference in the quality of sound unlike some cheaper plugs I've tried.

michaelg

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I've tried most brands over the years and prefer erasers nowadays.

CAMDRUMS

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
If price is of no concern, you really owe it to yourself to get custom plugs from an audiologist. The attenuation will be much better, as will the consistency of hearing protection.

TomPotti

Reaction score
Yeah, I probably will at some point... Just don't have a ton of free time right now

MusicianMagic

Reaction score
If price is of no concern, you really owe it to yourself to get custom plugs from an audiologist. The attenuation will be much better, as will the consistency of hearing protection.
There are some of us that can't use ear molds. Uncomfortable & my ears change shape or something at times so when sweating they start getting loose. Ear molds don't work for everyone. I've had them done three times, including once at the manufacturers booth at NAMM so finally gave up. Both my earplugs and my IEM's I use regular tips, silicone or comply foam tips. As long as they fit correctly, performance is not effected.

Slingerland3ply

Reaction score
My audiologist said I have to get the plugs remade every 1 and 1/2 years because the material shrinks. And she is right . They do not seal after that period of time .

Latest posts