High guys does anybody know the exact model of these drums all I know is that it is a 1970s premier however it has been debadged

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
You know , they were light too before lightweight became popular. Still stable.. 391 single 392 double 393 triple 394 yep 4 - tom post.

So then they nearly folded until the Genista/Signia Apk/Xpk rebirth as a different company,
The soft spot will always be that earlier 75ish eras

"took them forever to get a 9 x 13 tom" lol (remember those days..

Last edited:

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
I always thought the specs didn't fit that set. That looks to me a 8x12 and a 9x13.
Just that one catalog (well there's other errors in other catalogs not many but some) But that Red set in the 1/75 catalog above. 12/13 or 13/14? What say you

Last edited:

vintagedrummersweden

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
You know , they were light too before lightweight became popular. Still stable.. 391 single 392 double 393 triple 394 yep 4 - tom post.

So then they nearly folded until the Genista/Signia Apk/Xpk rebirth as a different company,
The soft spot will always be that earlier 75ish eras

"took them forever to get a 9 x 13 tom" lol (remember those days..
Yes!
And the look of those 9x13 and 8x14 tom setups! Awkward look...

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
There again is another instance; an early instance; where the 392 tom holder is in place; with the older spring (which were/are great) loaded Spurs. And guarantee ya the FT brackets have the small T screws which were fine. That incremental change.

vintagedrummersweden

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
My polychromatic gold kit, photo above, is actually a 22, 8x12, 8x14, 16 kit. With an added 18 floor.
Same depth small toms but 12 and 14 - looks great, sounds great!

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
I owned that...

The dastardly Double-dagger tom holder x2- which I had replaced once-under warranty- and kept immaculate for 26 years. I ordered them from the catalog at a dealer by the picture only. ( Brave eh?) 14x22
8x12
8x14
14x14 (extra order)
16x16
Lokfast (still have them)

September 1971.
Mahogany pearl duroplastic.

Suffered with em for 26 years :)

dale w miller

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

vintagedrummersweden

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hi guys does anyone know the exact model of these drums all I know is that it’s a 1970s premier however it has been de badged
I once had two Premier concert toms and some extra Premier parts in my basement.
Built a "riot kit" - the kind of kit you use on gigs at more suspicious places...
Got my local print shop to print the mod orange on the same material as the use for car decals, and lacquered a thin clear coat layer over it.
9x13 and 12x15.
Just an idea if you want to revamp your kit, Toby.

Attachments

Last edited:

Peter56

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hi all. Picked this set up a few weeks ago. 20, 12, 14. The wrap is Golden Sun. I think it`s from around `73. I have a 391 tom arm on the way from the UK, and Lockfast hi hat and snare stands I have ordered locally. All I need is a couple of Lokfast cymbal stands and I`m all set..

Attachments

thin shell

DFO Master
Reaction score
Hi all. Picked this set up a few weeks ago. 20, 12, 14. The wrap is Golden Sun. I think it`s from around `73. I have a 391 tom arm on the way from the UK, and Lockfast hi hat and snare stands I have ordered locally. All I need is a couple of Lokfast cymbal stands and I`m all set..
Very nice. Premier had great wraps. I really like the shimmers. I have a few orphans. One is blue shimmer and the other is grey shimmer. Really cool finishes.

thin shell

DFO Master
Reaction score
I agree. They had fantastic drums. And Lokfast looked good and worked great.
I'd really want a single, oval post, tom holder for my kit - just for the looks!
They are hard to find but are actually made from other parts from stands.

The oval post is the same as the oval post on the base of a Lokfast snare drum stand. The ratchet for the L arm is the top rod and ratchet from a Lokfast boom stand. (not the boom itself) The L arm is the same as used on the double mount. The actual single mount you would buy from Premier had an Allen set screw in place of a Thumb screw to hold the two pieces together but that is the only difference.

I already had a couple of top boom sections and was able to find an orphan Lokfast snare stand base and put one together.

Latest posts