Hip photo of my drums

hawker

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
This is in response to the May 30 video. I like the Evans the best...which surprised me 'cuz I'm not an Evans guy at all. It sounded more open to me but...the tone sounded lower and I think that appealed more to my ear? Might the tone be lower? But on the gig of course virtually no one would be able to hear any differences. Bottom line they are tuned well and sound great.

Last edited:

tkillian

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Im a 100% remo coated ambassador convert.
Listening back to the video they were the best. Most open and had more colorful overtones.
Im selling all my other heads. Dont need them anymore

hawker

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Tom,
If you are ever driving down the Thruway to do a Carnegie Hall gig, and passing exit 14 B Suffern, maybe you can teach me how to tune these while I make you a great lunch.
Also, maybe you have a few Rides in your trunk to sell to me ?
Glaze, are the blue ones yours? Blue Ripple? I've only seen that color in the catalog and was never that impressed. However, I think I'm in LOVE with those....love the shade of blue and the pattern looks classy. Really nice.

glaze148

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Glaze, are the blue ones yours? Blue Ripple? I've only seen that color in the catalog and was never that impressed. However, I think I'm in LOVE with those....love the shade of blue and the pattern looks classy. Really nice.
Not sure which pic you are referring to, but probably mine ?
I now have a matching 6 Luger snare not shown here
they are even prettier in person
Thanks for the comment

Attachments