History of the Kent Drum Company 1946-1977 (Now on Sale!)

Mouse

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hello friends, after many years of hard work my Kent History book is finished. If you would like a copy here is the information, thank you Mouse.

If you would like to purchase my book with PayPal, my address is [email protected], if paying with PayPal please add $7.95 onto the $25.00 cost of book.

To pay with a Credit Card please call me direct at (716) 970.0442 after 6:00pm EST.

If you want to purchase on eBay here's the link, https://www.ebay.com/itm/234153626524?hash=item3684a4cb9c:g:qyUAAOSwX2hhIs41

Thank you, Mouse
A. Kent Book Cover 2020 MasterMaster Original Photoshop #1 for book!!!!( Book).jpg

studrum

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right on to this! No wonder you haven't been so active around here lately.

hsosdrum

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ordered mine off of ebay and got it a couple of weeks ago. It's jam-packed with high-quality color photos and was clearly a labor of love for Mouse. Anyone who started their playing days on a Kent set should check out this book! :thumbup:

Mouse

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much hsosdrum, not sure who you are but glad you like the book, Mouse.

Polska

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ordered mine off of ebay and got it a couple of weeks ago. It's jam-packed with high-quality color photos and was clearly a labor of love for Mouse. Anyone who started their playing days on a Kent set should check out this book! :thumbup:
Just what I was going to say. Fascinating look at a drum manufacturer from start up through the end. Pictures are fantastic! Really nice job.

wayne

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Even though i ,ve retired from playing, i still wish i could find a Kent kit in ok condition thats not priced like Slingerland. Foolishly i let one slip through my hands, but i recall what a beautiful sound they have, despite cosmetic flaws. They are designed for lighter playing, which is perfect for small to medium size rooms.
Being made in the US is a real bonus, esp when they were compared to MIJ gear.

I have 2 Kent snare drums that surprised the heck out of me, so now im on the hunt for a 3 piece.
If you see one out there, give a thorough going over, you will be impressed.

K.O.

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the book and recommend it to anyone with an interest in vintage drums. It's very interesting even if you don't happen to own any Kent drums.

Now if someone would write a book on Camco drums all the major classic American drum brands would be pretty well covered.

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
Just ordered mine from Ebay, Mouse. Thanks so much for putting this together. Really looking forward to it. Glad to see your passion and knowledge merge together for this publication.

Mike