Hold the Line Drum Cover

Toast Tee

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Don't worry about it. I put myself out there for criticism, as does everyone who posts a video file.

After reading your post, there's no chance of me NOT playing the song note for note by this weekend. I'm not, nor never will play like Jeff, but I promise I will play thst tune exactly as it's charted, and in time.

"I feel your pain, I’ve never been able to have that effortless Porcaro sound either. Keep at it!"

So for that, I guess I should be thanking you.

My surgeon told me I'd never jog again after my 2nd back surgery. 16 months later, at 40, I ran my best 40 ever (40 yard dash).
I wasn't counting on getting hit by a car after that, but things happen.
If it weren't for people telling me what I can, or can't do, I would have given up a long time ago.
That's not me.
I used to say "I skip the fighting part, and go straight to the winning", but I've learned the fight is the important part after all. I'll continue fighting till the day I die

Piggpenn

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hey, TT. Last night I gave Hold The Line a once over since I haven't visited that song in many years. I suck. LOL

I don't have band rehearsal this week so I may see if I can regain my lost skill at it. I can still sing along to it but intensity of the bd action has been lost but not forgotten. If I get anywhere, I'll try to post something so you can have someone to pick on. ;)

Toast Tee

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Hey, TT. Last night I gave Hold The Line a once over since I haven't visited that song in many years. I suck. LOL

I don't have band rehearsal this week so I may see if I can regain my lost skill at it. I can still sing along to it but intensity of the bd action has been lost but not forgotten. If I get anywhere, I'll try to post something so you can have someone to pick on. ;)
Lol. Not my style, even when i could pick lol.
I'm sure it's the same for you. When you were gigging often, I bet if you were single you were probably checking out the crowd. I was thinking, but usually not about what I was playing.
To sing, and play, I'm affraid what would come out of my mouth. However, for a Police tribute band, the bassist could play any, and everything, except Spirits in the.....I do remember singing the bass line, as i believe it came in on the & of 2? But, that was one of the easier songs on drums.
If you have done it before, and your physically the same, you'll pick it up quick, and be singing to it in no time.
To play a Parcarro tune, and sing it is inincredible! Id love to check that out
I just kept working on the tune, and feel much more comfortable.

Piggpenn

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Lol. Not my style, even when i could pick lol.
I'm sure it's the same for you. When you were gigging often, I bet if you were single you were probably checking out the crowd. I was thinking, but usually not about what I was playing.
To sing, and play, I'm affraid what would come out of my mouth. However, for a Police tribute band, the bassist could play any, and everything, except Spirits in the.....I do remember singing the bass line, as i believe it came in on the & of 2? But, that was one of the easier songs on drums.
If you have done it before, and your physically the same, you'll pick it up quick, and be singing to it in no time.
To play a Parcarro tune, and sing it is inincredible! Id love to check that out
I just kept working on the tune, and feel much more comfortable.

I'll keep you posted. Thanks for the topic. This should be fun. :)