Holy K....

deepsoulradio

Reaction score
It's been awhile since my jaw dropped looking at a cymbal...

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
yep saw it It never left Europe..

this one not too shabby either smaller version/ It's "hanging" on...got another lease on Life from "Jake"..

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The price was the biggest jaw dropper. You'd think for almost $5000 you would get a sound video. But, maybe that's the way to keep the "tire-kickers" away. I can see a ride going down to 2100-2200 gm. But 1900 gm is paper-thin. Per Zenstat's data files, around $4100 is the price record for a 22" K.

Last edited:

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
yeah but nobody makes a sound like a Zildjian bell. what separates the men from the toys.
that's why with few exceptions others are a 1/10th of the price. It's a Zildjian. A 92% handcrafted one. From another continent. And the III is from around 1952. Holy sheet! I have one. A 14" that's in use as a top hi hat. Yea. It's a not a Bosphorus (altho that's close) Or a 602 (altho that's good too). It's a Zildjian. Believe me. He's not going to get that price unless the oxymoron "rich drummer" individual exists but he can ask.

Somewhere all among the internet chatter, civilians must have got the idea "drummers are rich"; whether it be frog-in-a-blender wood snares, zil-snaps, or in particular K Zildjians. Or there's some horribly twisted masochistic seller's out there..

Last edited:

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
Def tempting. But also very likely to find its way into a certain Swiss cymbal bunker, :) I'd assume :)
Review the many (20s and 22s) type III era K in this little Cymbalholic eyes-only fun outing
along with New Stamp, Intermediate, a IV and a Spizzichino;

(old Ks were - pertaining to their build era (as told by stamp) - (for a hand shaped instrument) amazingly consistent)
same 'teams' (thruout a period/stamp) I suspect or foreman (or owner of the Co. for that matter. There were definite changes that correspond precisely with a Stamp change)

At 12:31 there IS a 1945g (21.5) type III..very similar +/- in Spec to the Reverb ad one.
So, back in '53.. not particularly uncommon.
But in the now, by today, u r definitely time-travelin'.

At 12: on he goes thru about three Type III 22's.. " it's got a happy thing"... ha.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
[Old Stamps- butterfly breath
Intermediates- dark dry ice]
New Stamps- warm mushrooms]
© JDA

Last edited:

deepsoulradio

Reaction score
Ha! Never seen that video. Awesome.

IIIb is the thing. I had one at a perfect weight...I think 2200-2300. It was too damn good; I couldn't handle it.

Reactions: JDA

Gunnellett

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Review the many (20s and 22s) type III era K in this little Cymbalholic eyes-only fun outing

(old Ks were - pertaining to their build era (as told by stamp) - (for a hand shaped instrument) amazingly consistent)
same 'teams' (thruout a period/stamp) I suspect or foreman (or owner of the Co. for that matter. There were definite changes that correspond precisely with a Stamp change)

At 12:31 there IS a 1945g (21.5) type III..very similar +/- in Spec to the Reverb ad one.

At 12: on he goes thru about three Type III 22's.. " it's got a happy thing"... ha.

© JDA
Wow!

I've never seen an old K before but now I can hear what the fuss is about.

multijd

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

© JDA
I love this video

Reactions: JDA

jb111

Reaction score

© JDA
This is so killer! Thanks for sharing.

Latest posts