homemade cymbal bag

MillerMav

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Nice work. As someone who also enjoys sewing it's always cool seeing this stuff.

Drm1979

Reaction score
Here's a pic of the cymbal bag I made. It holds 22" down to 13" with a pocket for each size, made so the bells align. This was made with scraps from my drum bag, plus a $9 plastic zipper. For my needs it will do the job. Now on to the suitcase kit. View attachment 418839
That's cool. My cymbal bag is an old pizza delivery bag. I love seeing diy drum stuff

MrYikes

Reaction score
That's cool. My cymbal bag is an old pizza delivery bag. I love seeing diy drum stuff
Yes, I think it's important for young people to see what can be done with little money involved. This might be the only place where they are able to learn about it.

Drm1979

Reaction score
Yes, I think it's important for young people to see what can be done with little money involved. This might be the only place where they are able to learn about it.
I agree. My stands and hardware are in a giant super heavy duty duffel bag I got from a second hand store around the same time I think I paid $10 for it. 17 years and several gigs later and both are still holding up with no problems other than I had to replace the velcro on the pizza/cymbal bag.

DWSlingerland45

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I think this I somewhat related .... I don't see BUT my sister does, bless her! She makes me cymbal pockets or sleeves out of fabric remnants in sizes I need. These allow you to use the standard no divider cymbal bags and not scratch or ding up your cymbals. They are literally a pocket with a flap sometimes or not w Velcro closures or not depending on what she finds or has left over from a project.

Tmcfour

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
That's awesome! My old cymbal bag was also a pizza delivery bag. Held up to 20" cymbald and I could put up to 7 cymbals in it if one was a china and 8 if they where all regular. The thing lasted years!

Roch

DFO Master
Reaction score
Love it.....I still use an old bag for my kick drum that my late mother made for me about 25 years ago..the drum only ever goes in my back seat so it is protection enough..lot's of sentimental value..looks like I'll be needing a cymbal bag
soon, myself..you taking orders??:p

1654581_10152460369922401_4925116880806330326_o.jpg

Last edited: