header.nohb.html

Horrible news...our own Mike Layton has passed on.

Hemant

DFO Veteran
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
So sorry to hear. Best to his family and loved ones.

DrumR69

Very well Known Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tragic
I have bought some from Mike and learned immensely from his knowledge.
Great forum member.
Condolences to his family and friends.
Wayne

Tarkus

Reaction score
Sad. My condolences to his family and friends.

Markus (not knowing him personally)

JFBL

Reaction score
Such sad news about Mike. A kind and generous man, in my experience. My condolences to family, friends and forum members.

Tophatjohnny

Drumming Fool!!
Reaction score
This is horrible and hit me right in the gut. Loved Him big time and He will be missed dearly. Prayers go out for the family and Heaven just got another drummer for sure. Lost for words and just heard of this from a friend over on Facebook. May Mike R.I.P. (so sad)

GregR

Reaction score
Only knew him from his posts, but this is very sad news. If there is anything "positive" about this, he is being remembered by all of his on line friends. In this day and age, when so many people spend so much time in social media etc, many people just stop posting and no one knows what happened. This forum is a great tribute to the man.

chappy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Sad to hear the news. Mike was always a great guy. I bought my favorite snare from him years ago.

drawtheline55

Owner/admin
Administrator
Reaction score
Good idea, for those who didnt know Mike, this thread will give the info on what happened and why
there is a go fund me thread for him, hope all reading can take a minute or so and donate what ever you can, many thanks, Ben and the DFO team.

Saladdaze

Very well Known Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please help Mike and his family if you can. Nobody helped me here like Mike did over the years. I know I am not alone. Let’s be there for him now like he’d be there for us.

With much love and respect for the community Mike helped build,

Michael

MDBDrum

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
He was always so kind to me and friendly. We met many times at the Chicago show and thru mutual friends Allen and Bub. Whenever I’d do my laps at the chciago show he would always give me the hello head nod even after passing by his booth 100 times.

please consider donating to the go fund me posted in this thread to help his family.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Another good picture of Mike. I read on Facebook in a post by his brother that Mike had been singing with his band before the crash.

C9D6DE48-709D-40CF-BB95-03641FFA69BF.jpeg

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Just read this today on Facebook, thought it was fitting here.

A good friend of mine unexpectedly lost his wife. A couple months later we were golfing together, chatting about nothing. He asked what my dinner plans were and I told him wifey wanted my homemade chili and cornbread, but I didn't feel like stopping at the store. We golfed a few more minutes when he quietly said, “Make the chili."
It took me a few minutes to realize we were no longer talking about dinner. It was about going out of your way to do something for someone you love because at any moment, they could unexpectedly be taken from you. So today I'm sharing with you that wisdom handed to me by my dear friend, that I've thought of many times since that day. Next time someone you love wants you to go for a walk or watch a football game or play a board game or just put your phone down and give them your undivided attention, just do it. “Make the chili”

Lodi781

Reaction score
I’m new here and didn’t have the pleasure of getting to know Mike, but my condolences go out to his family, and to his friends here that knew him. Truly sorry for your loss.

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
I've known Mike through these forums for some time now.
Crushed at news.
RIP Mike.