header.nohb.html

Hot Rats Sessions

michaelg

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Just been listening to some of the "Hot Rats Sessions" and it sounds really fantastic.
I love the sound of the raw unprocessed tracks and the drumming and whole band for that matter are fantastic.
Ron Selico plays drums on "Peaches en Regalia"and I'm ashamed to say I never knew his name till now.
Any other fans of this humongous box set ?

green glass drum

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I was a huge FZ fan. Still am. Always liked that song. I did not know that Ron Selico played on FZ.
Thanks

Last edited:

studrum

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was a huge FZ fan. Still am. Always liked that song. I did not know that Ron Selico played on FZ.
Thanks
I knew. I bought my copy of the album in about '74, as an impressionable lad. "Peaches..." is possibly my favorite song.

I still have the album, in perfect shape.

michaelg

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Some of the Hot Rats Sessions would make a great piano trio album in its own right.

Drums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Nice to know about Ron Selico with Zappa! He's on one of my all-time favorite records...

1660789569106.png

mesazoo

Reaction score
The sessions is a must hear. Love the concert Tom sound on this.

Browny

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hot Rats is one of my favourite Zappa records… I’m adding the HR Sessions to my Apple Music library now…

Damn… 67 songs and 7hrs 19 minutes… thats gonna take a bit more than my work commute tomorrow…

mydadisjr

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks for posting... I have heard the first bit of that song many times but never listened to the whole thing before.

Here is a cool version by Dweezil and a very young violinist...