Hot ride recommendation?

EMW

Reaction score
Last night I saw Steve Ferrone playing with Todd Sharp at the Baked Potato in L.A. (I gather the pros refer to it as "the Spud.") Ferrone was playing a great new ride: hot, breathy, loud, shimmering. Just the thing I need. He said it's a new Sabian HHX line. I think it's called "Complex." Thing is, it costs a cool $500.

Thus: anyone have a fave, older, affordable, hot washy ride they like? Whereas I have a ton of flat tops, jazz, Constantinople, etc. dry rides. It needn't be Sabian. But I'm about to join a band with 2 electric guitars and a keyboard, so I need some volume. Thus far the closest I get is a Zildjian Sweet Ride, but it's still kind of restrained. TIA in advance.

jaymandude

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Last night I saw Steve Ferrone playing with Todd Sharp at the Baked Potato in L.A. (I gather the pros refer to it as "the Spud.") Ferrone was playing a great new ride: hot, breathy, loud, shimmering. Just the thing I need. He said it's a new Sabian HHX line. I think it's called "Complex." Thing is, it costs a cool $500.

Thus: anyone have a fave, older, affordable, hot washy ride they like? Whereas I have a ton of flat tops, jazz, Constantinople, etc. dry rides. It needn't be Sabian. But I'm about to join a band with 2 electric guitars and a keyboard, so I need some volume. Thus far the closest I get is a Zildjian Sweet Ride, but it's still kind of restrained. TIA in advance.
The guy is like 6.3 and uses really big sticks. Keep that in consideration.. ( I teched for him a few times)

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score

I've got a 22" Dream Bliss crash/Ride that is dark, pretty complex and quite washy.
PM me, if owning one interests you.

Elvis

Last edited: