Hotdoggydydog...won the darn thing!!!

elcid

drum czar
Reaction score
Late last week I put a bet for a 6 1/2" deep, Ludwig hand-hammered Black Beauty snare drum equipped with a P70 super sensitive strainer mechanism. I put a max bet of one dollar over the base betting price and nearly forgot about the whole affair until yesterday when I remembered to check ebay; came to find out that I was the sole bettor and won the darned thing! :headbang: :hello1: Wound up paying $635 with free shipping. Having checked several similarly sized BBs on ebay noticed that prices were all over the map, but mine was the cheapest among the rather large herd of them.

Yipee! Well, sort of a yipee since I bought this thing to replace (sort of) one of my most highly regarded pieces among my drums collection I ever owned: a 1966, baseball bat mute, 6 1/2" deep Ludwig SS snare drum which was stolen from my car--parked in my driveway no less! I've been sorely missing that beauty ever since, a drum which I purchased from a fellow DFO member some years ago. Though been a used item and of a recent vintage product am hoping that this BB (an snare model that have been lusting after since the 70s) becomes my favorite too.

So what do you guys think about this deal???

-elcid

stickinthemud

DFO Master
Reaction score
I don't know enough to offer an informed opinion, but if it makes you happy, it sounds like a good deal to me. Congrats!