How’s this for backline?

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just got word that the following equipment is available for backline on tomorrow nights gig.

Back line

Bass :
Aguilar Tone Hammer
4 x 10 cab

Guitars:
Fender Deluxe Reverb x 2
Vox Ac 30 x 2
Fishman Loudbox x 2

Keys
Roland KB 550
Nord 5D
X stands x
Key bench

Drums
DW white Marine Pearl
22 kick
10, 12, 14,16 Toms

5 DW cymbal stands
2 Dual Tom stands
2 dw snare stands
Dw 5000 3 leg hat
Long and short rod
2 clutches
DW 5000 kick pedal
DW 9000 kick pedal
DW 5 x 14 natural
Ludwig Black Beauty 6.5 x 14

DW Throne
Roc and Soc throne

Cymbal pack
Paiste 2002
20” ride
17,18,19 crash
20” China
14” hats (signature)
12” splash (signature)

Drum Rug

Yeah, I’m good!

Last edited:

Tornado

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's some really nice gear all around. Festival?

Rock Salad

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
You playing a church? I am in a newfound amazement of the high value some churches place on music, some even more so than actual just music venues.

JimmyM

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Aguilar makes fine bass gear and I like Dave Boonshoft the owner, but no SVT and 810? Sacrilege!

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
Believe it or not, it's for a local benefit show (toys and things for kids) with a few local bands (of which I'm playing with my Petty band and another band I'm sitting in for) at a local theater. Each band plays four numbers. The guy putting it on works for the major backline company in the SF Bay Area (Prime Time Entertainment) and they're providing the gear for free. I'm taking my stick bag, extra snare just in case and my sleigh bell shaker.

Steech

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Believe it or not, it's for a local benefit show (toys and things for kids) with a few local bands (of which I'm playing with my Petty band and another band I'm sitting in for) at a local theater. Each band plays four numbers. The guy putting it on works for the major backline company in the SF Bay Area (Prime Time Entertainment) and they're providing the gear for free. I'm taking my stick bag, extra snare just in case and my sleigh bell shaker.
Gotta have that sleigh bell shaker.

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
Gotta have that sleigh bell shaker.
Well, whatever you call this...

slieghbells.JPG

drummer5359

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is a great setup.

My seventh wedding anniversary was this past week. What does that have to do with backline?

We didn't have a traditional reception. We had a party with a bunch of our friends, many of whom are musicians. I supplied the backline. (That is the tie in!)

The backline was my DW Collector's series kit, with Paiste Signature series cymbals. My Fender Bassman bass amp. (It was before I bought my Ampeg SVT Classic tube bass amp.) My Fender Blues Deluxe and Hotrod deluxe tube guitar amps. I supplied several Fender basses, a couple of Fender guitars, and my Martin Acoustic. We used my QSC PA. I was wanted my friends to play worry free through the best gear that I could muster.

Some people brought their own instruments as well.

I was playing in three bands at the time, everyone jammed together all night, it was a blast.

1638521599599.png

My late friend Bill Brown started this thread about it at the time.

attended a different type wedding reception saturday | [DFO] Drum Forum

This thread made me think of one of the best backlines I've ever seen, and it made me think of my buddy Bill. (I started a thread a while back about helping a friend's widow sell his gear, Bill is that friend.)

Last edited: