How About Songs w/Ride Cymbals That We Liked?

stuart s

Reaction score
Test For Echo- Rush

I'm a Paiste fanatic but must admit that 22" ride he used was something special. I cant find anything that quite sounds like it. Its one of a kind (dont tell me its a Custom A, its not and not even shaped like it).

stuart s

Reaction score
I mostly don't notice good cymbal sounds on non-jazz records, I just notice when they contribute to the vibe at all:

Rehumanize Yourself:
Ghost In The Machine has great sounding Ride all over it. Sounds best on Vinyl- the original not digitally remastered, pure analog uncompressed real sounding Ride is just ear candy!

Old Drummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Dire Straights - Sultans of Swing.
This song always comes to mind when I think of a song in which you can actually hear the ride cymbal. (There are very few.) Funny thing, though, I don't care for this ride sound. I suppose it works for the song and I don't dislike it, but it's not the ride sound I usually like.

Heartbeat

Advanced Heart Guru
Reaction score
I'm obsessed with this band right now, partly because of the ride. LOL! My guess is it's a 22" Kerope Medium? I'm a Paiste freak, but I love this. Chris Powell on drums.

highmileage

Reaction score
I’m not the only one to think of Stewart Copeland, but my first thought was Synchronicity 1.

stuart s

Reaction score
I love the dark ride in the Prodigy's Poison, which might be electronic:

(1:37)

But its just a ripoff of Purdie:
(1:20)

Nubs

Reaction score
Love the ride sound on this one. Wish I knew what kind it was:

Tornado

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you know what ride Steve Gorman used on that? That's about perfect for me. It's probably hard to know what he used in the studio that day.