How can we get rid of the Remo logo or where can I buy a head without a logo

MrYikes

Reaction score
What tricks can be used to get rid of the logo ink? What has been tried? I have been ordering new heads from China just because they do not have a logo on them. They are not yet as good as a Remo head but they are getting closer. I do not/ will not advertise for any company without compensation. Is white duct tape the only solution?

ludwig402

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Use a smooth white or clear head and apply Acetone to the logo with a rag. It'll come right off.
What Neal said. Nail polish remover (Acetone) works like a charm on smooth white and clear heads

Topsy Turvy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Forget about it with the Fiberskyns. Speaking from personal experience, it just never goes away.

pwc1141

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Never bothered me except on tops of cymbals which I find distracting. I have to ask if you go that far with car badges, cereal boxes or anything else you own with a logo/brand name ?

MntnMan62

Reaction score
The only head that I feel equates to "advertising" is the front bass drum head. And mine is plain black and I stuck a large Slingerland logo on it since my drums are Slingerland. My playing is such that I will likely never be paid for playing certain products or ever see a sponsorship during my lifetime. Therefore I don't really worry about it. And I sure won't take my valuable time to worry about a tiny little logo on a drum head that no one will really see from the back of the stage. I'd rather spend that time practicing.

trommel

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
What tricks can be used to get rid of the logo ink? What has been tried? I have been ordering new heads from China just because they do not have a logo on them. They are not yet as good as a Remo head but they are getting closer. I do not/ will not advertise for any company without compensation. Is white duct tape the only solution?
Really? Do you cover the badges, etc. on your drums, remove info on your sticks/cymbals/clothing/vehicles/license tags/album covers/CD cases/tire logos/fan items worn to support athletic teams/golf balls, athletic equipment/beverage containers, etc.? You must have a truly blessed life to concern yourself with such matters, the envy of the world. Oh, BTW, you advertised for Remo in your original post. Have a day!

Drumbumcrumb

Reaction score
I didn’t know this was a thing. The only way I know to purposely not show support for a brand is to ‘vote with my wallet’ and not buy it. There are Remo heads with no Remo on them, many companies have had Remo Ambassador heads with their logo in place of the Remo. So they either got shipped out blank to be stamped at those companies, or were custom ordered from Remo pre-stamped. I’m sure you could get your logo on a batch too (or get a blank batch), probably have to buy in bulk though. Would a gross of coated Ambassadors with your monogram tempt you? It would me.

But wait - Isn’t there a contradiction there? “I believe these to be the best sounding drumhead but I don’t want to be seen using them” Why the lovehate?
There are some logos that ruin the aesthetics of a thing though, like HUGE AGGRESSIVE LABELS on cymbals (Random Turkish cymbal with 7 separate labels in 3 different colors - TURKISH CYMBAL TURKISH SERIES TURKISH TOP HI HAT CYMBAL FROM TURKEY TRADITIONAL TURKISH) If it’s an aesthetic thing I get it. But “I hate you Remo but dammit you make a good drumhead and I can’t stop buying you”? Don’t get it.

Reaction score
It's silly, really. With all the problems in the world.

But if you must, just go to the stationery department and buy a freakin' White Out error correct pen. Gone. Sheesh! It ain't complimacated.

cworrick

The BIG Bunny on the block
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure no one is running out to buy Remo because you play them. If you don't like how it looks, that makes sense, but the advertising aspect, ehhhh.
But according to Craigslist, everybody is selling Remo and Evans drums. Someone must be buying them. :laughing6:

esooy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I have done it with pad printing solvent to some extent, but the stuff is pretty expensive.

Tigerdrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
ON drums it doesnt bother me but I dont like the dealer decal on the back of my car.

Latest posts