How do you guys mount larger Roto toms?

Phantomlimb777

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I just got 16 and 18 rotos for free! They’ve got a little pitting and some grime, that’s all. Anyone have any idea on how to mount these? Would a worldmax cradle work?

ludwigchamp65

Reaction score
If you're using them for floor toms, you can get a curved Gibraltar rack bar and attach it to a cymbal stand with a clamp, then use 2 more clamps to attach to each RotoTom carriage bolt.
If you're feeling expensive, you can also use DW Dogbone mounts on a dual tom stand.
Both of these methods allow you to still spin the drum to tune.

If you don't care about that, get a couple Pearl I.S.S. mounts and hang them on a double tom stand. You'd tune these by hand like any other acoustic drum.

Attachments

TonyVazquez

Reaction score
If you're using them for floor toms, you can get a curved Gibraltar rack bar and attach it to a cymbal stand with a clamp, then use 2 more clamps to attach to each RotoTom carriage bolt.
If you're feeling expensive, you can also use DW Dogbone mounts on a dual tom stand.
Both of these methods allow you to still spin the drum to tune.

If you don't care about that, get a couple Pearl I.S.S. mounts and hang them on a double tom stand. You'd tune these by hand like any other acoustic drum.
That kit in the 2nd photo... I LOVE that setup! The dogbone mount, and the I.S.S. mount
are excellent ideas for mounting larger rotos!